Chapter 9

Jamie's POV

"Wake up Jamie." My whole body shook and I opened my eyes to see Mikey smiling at me. "Sleep

good?" I nodded and scooted closer to him so I could smell him. "Do I really smell that good?" I nodded and purposely inhaled deeply.

I pulled out of the embrace and for a second, I wanted to talk. But talking meant real conversations,

which meant questions, which meant having to tell him. I closed my mouth and smiled instead.

"You were about to say something weren't you?" I averted his eyes and nodded. "Why didn't you?" I

shook my head. "Okay…" We laid there quietly for a while. It was kind of uncomfortable. "So…" There it is, the awkward so. "This is really awkward." I pulled the pillow over my face, wanting the awkwardness to end. "What are you doing? Are you hiding?" I held the pillow to my face more. "Why are you hiding from me??" Mikey tried to pull the pillow out of my grasp, but I just held it closer to my face. "Come on!!!" Mikey straddled my waist and pulled the pillow out of my hands.

I glared at him and he smiled. "I win." I stuck my tongue out and he smiled again. He put the pillow

down and leant down to kiss me. Then he stopped. "You're not gonna push me away again are you?" I blushed and shook my head. He smiled and pressed his mouth to mine. I smiled and kissed him back. Then there was a knock on the door. "Of course." Mikey climbed off the bed and opened the door. "Oh, hey Frank." Mikey walked back over to the bed and grabbed a comic before he sat down and started reading.

"Hey. Jamie do you wanna um… hang out?" I nodded and stood up from the bed.

"Hey!" I looked over at Mikey confused and he gave me a smirk. I became even more confused and he

grabbed my hand and pulled me onto the bed again. He leaned over and gave me a quick kiss before releasing my hand for me to leave.  "Bye." Frank raised an eyebrow at me and I just sat there confused for a second before we left the room.

"So… You guys are together now?" I smiled and nodded a little, getting over my confusion. He smiled.

"That's awesome." I smiled more, then I realized that we weren't really walking any where. And I forgot my board. "So were you too being safe?" Frank asked me in a teasing tone and elbowed me in the ribs. I hit his arm and glared at him.

I walked over to the desk in the lobby and made a writing motion for the nurse behind the desk. "Forgot

your board again?" I smiled guiltily and nodded. The nurse reached under the desk and handed me a white board and a blue marker. I smiled my thanks. "You're welcome."

"You forgot your board?" I nodded. "We could have gone back." I shrugged and walked out to the

back. I sat against my favorite tree and Frank sat with me. I wrote on my board and tilted it in my lap so he could read it.

"So what's up?"

"Eh, nothin'. I just woke up like ten minutes ago. Gerard helped me sleep." I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Uhh… We kinda cuddled." I smiled and pushed him. "I don't think Izzabella's gonna be happy if she finds out though." I tilted my head in confusion. "She's uh… kind of protective of him." I nodded and thought back to our conversation in the lobby. "So how did you and Mikey finally get together?" I shrugged, because I honestly didn't know. "Uh huh." I glared at him.

He smiled and started throwing pebbles into the pound. I wrote on my board and place it in his lap to

read. "Your white dye is fading."