Chapter 16 (Contest Winner!!)

Basketcase101 Note: Here's the winning chapter!!! :D FireWithin is the winner!! :D I chose her chapter because I like the way she wrote Frank's part and because I like the new character she introduced :) All of the other intries were really good, but I thought Lyla would be a good addition to the story! I am looking forward to collaborating with FireWithin for future chapters and I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter as much as I did :D FIREWITHIN WROTE THIS ALL ON HER OWN! GO CHECK OUT HER STORIES!!!

**************************************************************************************************************

Frank’s POV:

            I opened my eyes slowly; still groggy from the little sleep I had had last night. I was up just tossing and turning; my thoughts had been on suicide. I had entered this asylum for being suicidal, but after Izzy, I don’t know.  I was up for quite some time. I had received a call from my parents telling me to come home. They didn’t want me to be here. I almost liked it here. I had met some really good friends. Then there is Gerard. Obviously I felt something for him. I am still wrestling with it though.

             I ran my fingers threw my hair and sighed. My belly growled lightly, I chuckled and looked at the clock. 9:00 am. I tried to get up, but tiredness washed over me. I fell back onto my bed and closed my eyes.

“Knock, Knock,” Said a voice outside my door. I sighed loudly and told the person it was open. I didn’t lock my door unless I wanted to or I was mad at someone.  Gerard entered the room, a nervous expression lit across his face. His eyes didn’t have their usual sparkle. I didn’t like it, is grim expression. I motioned for him to sit on my bed. I sat up to make room.

            “Frank, we need to talk,” I really hoped never to hear those words.

            “About what?” I softly begged to myself he didn’t hate me or something. That would fuck me up.

            “I have feelings for you, but I promised Izzy I would not leave her for you.” He muttered under his breath, I barely caught hold of what e was saying. His pale hands were quivering as he clasped them together. His head was bent down. I reached and lifted his head so his eyes locked with mine.

            “Izzy is dead,” I told him softly, searching his eyes for something. Anger swarmed into his eyes.

            “I am NOT breaking my promise to her. I won’t, I can’t!” His voice got louder with each word. He stood up swiftly, ready to leave. Energy filled me and I jumped up and pushed him into a wall.  I pressed my lips against his, he responded. I felt joy rush through me, and then he pushed me away.

            “Leave me alone,” He spat before rushing away. I fell back on my bed, wincing as he slammed the door. I let my eyes close and sleep overtake me as the joy from the kiss and the sorrow from the negative reaction swam threw my mind.

Lyla’s POV:

            My bare feet hit the cold floor with each step. I refused the nurses help in looking for my room. I am independent, I can do this. I came here because of my panic disorder. I don’t really know how I got it, but I was diagnosed about one year ago, when I was fifteen. I came here because when my panic attacks hit I have done some horrible things.  I really don’t even want to think of them. Plus I have Major Depression Disorder, that usually comes out during my panic attacks more.

            I hope I make some friends in this cold place. I might not, I have light skin, black-ish eyes, but my long black hair and side bangs have blue streaks in them, I love to wear eyeliner, and I have snakebites. I am often stereotyped as emo. I give myself o stereotypes. I am strong and independent, most of the time.

            I found my room, they told me that my mom had asked them to make it special by putting my name on the front in cursive letters; she does nice things for me like that. My mom is basically the only one who accepts me.

            The room was small. It had a couch, a table, a bed, a closet, and a nightstand. It was all very simple. Just the way I like it.  I really don’t like complicated things, even though I am a very complex person. I really don’t know. I set my bag down on the floor. A nurse had already showed me where the kitchen/cafeteria is, I am kind of hungry I will go there. 

            I walked outside, again, loving the feel of my feet on the ground. I hated shoes, hate them so much. So I don’t wear them. I often trip because of it, but that is ok.

            My mind wandered as I followed the hallway down the way I had just come. I was just about to pass my neighbor’s room when someone ran past me, shoving me sideways. I fell to the right and into a room. I blinked and tried to get up, but there was a huge pain in my right ankle. I cringed and looked up. A man had looked up from the bed with a surprised expression. On the floor next to the bed had a book, ‘Property of Frank,’ it read.

            “So-sorry,” I spluttered out.

            “It’s ok, let me help you down to the nurses room,” He got up from his bed.

            Just as he helped me stand up I felt something happen to me. My pulse quickened. I was having a panic attack.

             “GET AWAY!” I screamed at him, pushing him away and stumbling around, pain shooting threw my foot. I felt so hot, the heat was unbearable. I was on fire. I couldn’t do this. I started stripping off my shirt, to the tank top underneath. I started to sweat and tremble. I collapsed but he caught me.  I squirmed and struggled but he held on to me, and held fast. He muttered comforting things, telling me it was going to be ok. My breath was short and fast and I inhaled in quick gasps. My breath caught up in my throat and my heart was racing so fast. “Don’t let me die,” I choked out at him, I could only see blackness. I was trembling and struggling from his grasp. I was going to die, that was my only thought. I was going to die. I had this fear of death during these attacks. I thought I was going to die. I couldn’t breathe.

            Then my pulse slowed, and the shaking stopped. I could breath. But I was weak from the energy the attack took from me. I relaxed into the strange man’s arms, feeling embarrassed. He was whispering comforting things as he held me. I turned to face him and buried my face into his shoulder and sobbed. I cried so hard. When I turned to look at him my face was red and puffy. I didn’t know what he was going to say or do.

A/n: I hoped you liked this chapter. I did a lot of research on disorders so I could really dig into her attack. There is Lyla, pronounced Lie-la. I hope I introduced her pretty well. This story got deleted by Microsoft Word a few times. Then I updated Word and now it is good: D

This is the link to Lyla’s theme song. Hope you all like it: D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvPkLG-tvzM

<3 Maddie