Chapter 28

The Next Day

Dan's POV

Phil and I were visiting Jamie again, she was still in solitary confinement, and she was walking over

to the camera and waving her arms to get their attention. A male nurse came over the speaker suddenly, startling both Jamie and Phil.

"Yes Jameson?"

"Can we have a balloon to play with? With helium in it?" I laughed since Jamie reminded me of a

five year old with the way she was shyly wringing her hands, with her sleeves pulled over them of course.

"Why do you-"

"To play with!" Jamie smiled at the camera happily and the male nurse sighed, realizing they gave

her too much medicine.

"Alright, just give us a few minutes."

"Okie dokie!" Jamie cheerfully replied and happily waddled back to the bed.

"You have way too much medicine in you." I laughed at her and brushed her bangs out of her eyes.

She dramatically opened and closed her mouth before she made a loud popping sound. Phil and I laughed at her and she happily shifted around to get comfy.

"Bum, bum, bum, bum…" Jamie started bouncing her head as she said "bum" over and over, then it

changed to her bouncing up and down as she said it. "Bum, bum, bum, bum!" She said more excitedly and Phil fell over from laughing too hard. Jamie suddenly pounced and belly flopped onto Phil. I smiled a little at the silliness, but I was also saddened by the fact that she fell through him. "Aww." She rolled over onto her back and looked at Phil. "I wanted to squish you." Phil looked over at her through his fringe and smiled at her. She reached out and moved her hand like she was petting his hair. He smiled more and closed his eyes, enjoying it even though he couldn't feel it.

"Jameson?" She jumped up into a sitting position and turned around to look at the male nurse who

had suddenly appeared in the doorway. He gave her a doubtful look, thinking she was getting worse. "I have the balloon you asked for." She gave him a big smile and jumped off of the bed. She quickly scampered over to him with her hands reaching out for her balloon, but the nurse pulled it out of her reach just before she could get to it. "What do you want this for exactly?"

"To play balloon volleyball with!" She told him excitedly with her hands still stretched out for the

balloon.

He hesitated, but nodded and handed her the balloon. "We're going to have to lower your dosage."

"Awww!" She stuck her lower lip out and I chuckled. "Okay." She sighed and turned around. She

tossed the balloon into the air and frowned when it fell to the floor. "It's supposed to float!"

"Jamie, helium would make it float up to the ceiling." I reminded her and realization crossed over her

face.

"Oh yeah!" She scampered back over to the bed, after she scooped the balloon up from the floor, and

tossed the balloon up to hit it and start the game. "Boop!" She smiled at herself as she watched the balloon float over to me and I noticed that Davis quietly left the room without another word.

I hit it back, "Do we have a net?"

"Phil! Be the net! Boop!" Jamie hit the balloon back and Phil looked at her, both amused and