Chapter 2

Hope you guys are enjoying it :) I'm havin' a lot of fun writing it :D

********************************************************************

"Ready to see your room?" I nodded my head at her board and Jamie smiled. We walked passed a few

more doors until she stopped and smiled again. She grabbed the knob and easily turned it open. She raised her arms like someone presenting a prize on a game show.

All my stuff was already in here. All my posters, my clothes, my guitar, everything. I hesitated before

taking a step into my new room. Jamie walked over to my bed and sat down. I opened the side door to find my own bathroom. I closed the door and looked around the room again. Jamie held up her board with one word. "So?"

"Um… It's…. Nice, I guess." Jamie nodded and carefully erased her board. "How… Uh, how far away

is your room?" Jamie raised an eyebrow at me and smirked to let me know she was kidding.

"Two doors down. Gerard's is right across from mine annnd Mikey's is right across from yours." I

nodded and she erased the board. "Why?"

"Uh… Just in case I need anything." She smiled and nodded. "So… What can we do in this place?"

"Watch a movie, get on the computer for an hour, go out back…. Play music… Umm…"

"What's out back?" Jamie stood up and grabbed my hand before leading me out of my room and back

towards the lobby, I made sure to close my door before she dragged me away from it. She dragged me through the doors she had come in to greet me this morning. There was a path leading from the door all the way to the back wall of  a privacy fence. There was green grass, a few trees, fully bloomed flowers, two ponds, from what I could see, and even some bamboo. It was a really good set up.

I was about to say something to Jamie when a tall scrawny old man walked pass us in a straight jacket

with his arms strapped down. He was walking slow, like a zombie, and was drooling out of the corner of his mouth. Jamie tapped my arm with her board. "That's Peter. You don't wanna bother him. He's one of the worst cases here." I swallowed and nodded. She grabbed my hand and lead me back to the pond that was sitting in front of a tall tree. Jamie let go of my hand and laid on her stomach so she could look into the water to watch the Koi fish swim around in a large group. I sat Indian style next to her and watched the fish.

"You just sit here and watch the fish?"

She quickly scribbled on her board and pushed it in the dirt, showing me what she wrote. "I'm laying

down, not sitting."

"Smartass." She laid her cheek on her arms for a second so I could see her smile, then she returned her

gaze to the fish. "Don't you get bored of it though?"

"That's exactly why I bring a sketchbook and a pencil when she drags me out here." Gerard smirked

down at me and I smiled a little. "Hey James." Jamie didn't take her eyes off the fish. "So how long have you guys been out here?"

"Uh.. Like… Two minutes?" Gerard nodded and laid on his back next to Jamie. He rubbed the back of

his hand against her arm and she laid her other cheek on her arms so she could look at him. He looked over at her and smiled. She smiled back and began to watch the fish again. "Do you guys always talk in silence?"