Chapter 29

I MEANT TO UPDATE THIS LAST WEEK BUT I'VE BEEN BUSY. I AM DEEPLY SORRY. PLEASE ENJOY! ***************************************************************************************************************

Two Days Later

Gerard's POV

"How do you think this is gonna go?" I asked Frank as he continued to play his guitar without

talking.

"I don't know, Gee." I nodded and rubbed my cheek against the shoulder I was leaning on. I sighed

and Frank kissed the top of my head. I looked up to see Dan staring down at the floor with a hand against his mouth as he thought.

"What are you thinking so hard about over there?" I smiled up at Frank as he asked the question I

was thinking.

Dan looked up, confused. "What? Oh!… Nothing." He murmured his final answer and went back to

staring at the floor. I furrowed my eyebrows when he randomly shook his head and frowned when I realized he must have been talking to "Phil."

My bedroom door suddenly opened, causing me to jump, and Nurse Joy poked her head in. "Hey

guys, it's time." I sighed and sat up so Frankie could put away his guitar. We were told during dinner two days ago that the three of us, along with Mikey and Jamie, we're to start attending group therapy sessions. None of us were happy about it.

Once we were all standing Nurse Joy opened the door wider and waved her arm. "Right this way."

She smiled as each of us passed and we all trudged into the hallway. "Nurse Amy will lead you to the room where you will be having your group therapy sessions while I get Mikey. Jamie is already in the room." Nurse Joy smiled at us once more before she left to get my brother.

I looked over at Frank with an uneasy look, which he had as well, and laced my fingers with his.

"Right this way." Nurse Amy smiled at us and lead the way to the room.

The walk was quiet and I was a bit frightened by the fact that Jamie was alone in this room with

whoever our therapist was going to be. Frank tightened his hand around mine before Nurse Amy opened the door.

We entered the recreational room to find Jamie sitting next to a man who was in his mid-thirties,

maybe. He was leaning over so his elbows could rest on his knees while he talked to Jamie with a smile on his face. He raised his right hand, revealing a half smoked cigarette, before he made it disappear into his hand by pretending to push it into his mouth. Jamie narrowed her eyes slightly as she kept eye contact with him. He raised his hand and pulled the cigarette out from behind her ear and smiled at her again. She narrowed her eyes more and took the cigarette from him. She followed his example and pushed the cigarette against her mouth so it looked like she was eating it, when it was really being pushed into her hand. She then reached up and pretended to pull the cigarette from behind his ear. He smiled at her and nodded as he complemented her.

"Mr. Upham?" The man, Mr. Upham, looked up at Nurse Amy before he stood and offered a hand to

Jamie, to help her out of her seat. She took his hand and walked over to us holding his hand still. Jamie was wearing a straight jacket with the sleeves pulled over her hands like usual, but she looked much happier than the last time Frankie and I saw her. "These are three of the four others that will be joining you and Jameson." Mr. Upham smiled at the nurse again before he looked at us for the first time and we got our first good look at him. He had sandy colored hair that looked like it was turning brown because the blonde dye was fading, blue eyes, and a scruffy face. When he smiled his mouth pulled up to the left side of his face which was a give away that he was a real charmer when he was our age.