Chapter 35

During the next couple of weeks Harry was really tens, not only because of the media-thing and that he was scared that something would happen if he left the house. Even though nothing had happened yet, he still called in sick to work pretty much everyday. But he was also tens because he knew that the time he had with Louis was about to end. Louis had just released his new album and even though they hadn't talked about it, they both knew that a world tour was coming up. Harry had heard Louis talking about it on the phone and with Liam and Zayn. But he hadn't brought it up with Harry in person yet. Probably because he didn't want to remind them both about the real situation.

It was Valentine's day and Harry was home alone in Louis' house. Louis was downtown doing some interviews about his album and upcoming tour. Since it was Valentine's day and Louis was leaving in a couple of days Harry wanted to make it really special. He had been thinking of multiple ideas all morning when he finally pulled himself out of the bed and started to walk down the stairs. As he entered the kitchen he felt his phone buzzing in the pocket of his sweatpants.

Louis: Hope you haven't made any plans for today 'cuz Paul is picking you up at 6pm.😋❤️

Harry smiled as he read the text. Had Louis already made plans? He looked at the clock, it was only 3.47pm. What was he going to do until 6pm? He fumbled with his thumbs over the screen before he finally replied.

Harry: What's happening at 6?😌❤️

Louis: Good try, Haz.😉 As if I would tell you? Just be dressed and ready to leave.😘

... 

Harry put on his black coat on top of his leopard printed shirt. He then took on his black boots and put his phone in the pocket of his black skinny jeans. Just as he was about to open the door to walk out, Paul opened it up and Harry smiled as he was ready to be taken away. He jumped into the black van that had become his to-go ride since the picture of him leaked in media. They drove for about 15 minutes before they arrived at their destination. Normally it wouldn't have taken that long but since it was a Friday evening and Valentine's day the roads were more trafficked than usual. Luckily there wasn't any paparazzis outside of the car which either meant that Louis wasn't there yet or that he somehow had managed to sneak inside without anyone noticing. As Paul opened the car door for Harry he could see that Paul had driven him to a really nice hotel. Harry was still pretty much clueless of what was going to happen but the fact that he was taken to a hotel could only turn out good. That meant that it would most likely only be the two of them in a tiny room. He walked next to Paul as they walked into the lobby. Paul didn't go straight to the normal check-in desk, instead he walked to a door that said 'staff only' on the outside with white letters. Harry was told to wait by the elevators which he did. Even though no one there seemed to recognize him, he still looked around as soon as he heard someone coming or leaving with the elevators. Eventually Paul came back and gave Harry a room-key and Harry looked confused.

"I'm gonna leave you here. It's the third floor and the room-number is on the card." Paul said with a smile, he obviously knew much more than he was giving Harry. Since Harry had been more anxious over the past weeks the thought of him walking alone in a hotel made him nervous but he was too curious about Louis' plans to question it.

"Oh, uh, okay." Harry answered as he took the card to the room and placed it in one side pocket of his coat.

"Enjoy your Valentine's day." Paul said and smiled once again before he walked out of the building.

Harry looked around as he waited for one of the elevators to come down to the first floor after pushing the button. By this time he had picked up his phone and was holding it in a tight grip in his right hand while he had his other hand in his pocket, holding onto the card. Once the elevator came he quickly stepped inside and pressed on number 3. He fixed his hair in the mirror inside the elevator and got out as he arrived at the third floor. He picked up the card to see what room-number he was going to, 306, he looked around at the doors closest to the elevators. To his right he saw number 350 and to his left he saw 349. He started walking left until he came to some kind of cross-breeding in the hallway. After figuring out which direction he should take this time he started walking again. It didn't take long before he saw the number he was looking for. It was all so quiet and the hallways were empty.

Since he didn't hear anything from inside the room he assumed that Louis wasn't there yet and used the card instead of knocking on the door. He walked into the room that was completely dark except for the candles on the nightstands further into the room. To his left he had a small closet and some hooks to hang clothes on and to his right was a door that lead into the bathroom. He had to walk further into the room to be able to see the bed. As he did he saw rose petals on the white sheets and in the middle of the bed was a heart shaped little box with chocolate. There was also a bucket with ice on a golden tray along with two glasses. Harry smiled to himself and started to take off his boots as he noticed that there was no drink to the glasses. Which was a little odd, but maybe they just missed it. He started to take off his coat as he saw a figure in the corner of his eye and quickly turned towards it. Louis smiled as Harry turned to him and held the bottle of champagne in his hands.

"Are you about to steal it?" Harry asked and looked down at the bottle in Louis' hands then up at Louis' face.

"What a way of ruining the moment, Harold." Louis huffed jokingly and placed it back in the bucket. Harry giggled as he approached Louis with open arms and wrapped them around Louis' neck. Louis smiled and lifted his head up to look at Harry while he wrapped his arms around Harry's waist. Louis kissed Harry's lips softly and Harry kissed him back.

"Do you like it tho?" Louis asked shyly, glancing down on the bed before he looked up at Harry again.

"I love it." Harry answered with a smile and kissed Louis' cheek and Louis' face lit up with a bright smile.

Louis took a step back and handed the glasses to Harry while he opened up the champagne. They both giggled as the cork disappeared somewhere in the room and Louis poured up the champagne into the glasses. He then placed it back in the bucket as Harry handed him one of the glasses.

"Cheers, my love." Louis said as he gently clicked his glass with Harry's. Harry did the same and smiled.

"Cheers and happy Valentine's day."

"Happy Valentine's day."