Chapter 20

Louis lifted up his suitcase on the bed in his old boy-room. It felt good to be home and spend time with his family, especially since it was Christmastime and his birthday were right around the corner. He really enjoyed his life back in London and his continuously well-going career in the music industry but one thing he absolutely disliked about it all was being so far from his family. He had always been a mamas-boy and it was quite tough to be in a big city far away from her, but he still understood why she wouldn't give up their home in Doncaster to move to London. It was lovely here and so many good memories. He also understood that with this job he had, London was the best and easiest place to live in the UK.

He started unpacking his things and placed his clothes in the wooded-colored dresser that stood next to the door in his room. Now he started to feel how stupid it was that he took such a late flight. He had to sneak around the house since everyone was asleep and he was exhausted. Once he was all set, he crawled under the covers on his bed with fresh sheets that his mother had changed before he came. Even though he felt like he would fall asleep as soon as he closed his eyes he still took up his phone. Despite that it was almost 5am already, he decided to text Harry before he fell asleep. 

Louis: Home and well.😌 I miss you already!!!❤️

...

The next morning Louis sat up on the edge of the bed and rubbed his eyes. He quickly reached for his sweatpants and hoodie he had tossed on the floor before he went to bed. He couldn't decide if it was just colder to wake up in this house or if it was the fact that he woke up alone. He had to admit that after sleeping and waking up next to Harry for three weeks straight it felt a little odd and empty to wake up alone. He grabbed his phone and pushed his hair back from his face as he walked out of his room and made his way to the kitchen. As he got closer he could hear that his mother and sisters were already there, making breakfast. He looked down at his phone and smiled as he saw Harry's name on the screen.

Harry: Great, darling. I miss you too!!!❤️ 

Harry: Good morning.❤️ I miss my morning kisses and cuddles🥺

Louis: Good morning, sunshine.🌞 Aww, me too, I promise to give you lots of kisses and cuddles when I'm back❤️❤️

"Looooou!" A small voice squeaked and Louis looked down to see Doris, one of the youngest twins, stumbling towards him as he put his phone down in one of the pockets of his sweatpants. He kneeled down and picked her up in his arms and hugged her.

"Hiii! I missed you so much. You missed me, yeah?" Louis said to her as he changed the way he held her, to hold her with one arm on one of his hips. She nodded excitedly and hid her face in the armpit of the hoodie. Louis chuckled and walked further into the kitchen to hug his other siblings and his mom. 

"Important conversation you had there?" Lottie asked and winked playfully at her brother as they all sat down by the big kitchen table to have breakfast. Louis just smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

Louis hadn't really told his family specifically about Harry. All they knew was that he was seeing somebody he actually had fallen for and that it wasn't a girl. His whole family knew about his sexuality and the whole Eleanor-thing as well. And just as Harry and his family they thought it was awful that Louis had to hide his true self for the sake of his career. 

After breakfast the smallest twins ran into their playroom meanwhile Louis, his mother, and his oldest sisters; Lottie and Félicité, were still by the table. Daisy and Phoebe cleaned off the table quickly then they also sat down and everyone turned to Louis. Louis looked at all of them and chuckled.

"What's this? Police questioning?" He asked jokingly even though he knew that they were all probably eager to hear about the 'mysterious man' he was seeing back in London.