Chapter 28

Even though Harry knew that everything that came along with the picture, all the cheating rumors and people taking sides, would most likely lead to something bad for Louis' image, he couldn't help but somehow feel happy about it. But at the same time, sure - he hated Eleanor, but did he really hate her so much that he enjoyed the whole world calling her names because she kissed someone else on New Year's Eve?

Liam, Harry and Niall stayed upstairs in Louis' bedroom for probably an hour, if not more, before they heard the front door slam shut. They all looked at each other and as curious as Niall was he walked over to the window. He hid himself behind one of the curtains as he peeked out to see Eleanor storming out of the property and into a car where a man sat.

"I think it's him!" Niall whispered and waved for the other two to come to the window.

They got off the bed, Harry walked over to the same window as Niall but stood behind the other curtain while Liam walked to the window next to theirs. They all looked out and saw a black car and inside sat Eleanor, and the man with the hat was sitting in the driver's seat. Judging by the way Eleanor was gesturing her arms it was clear that she was upset meanwhile the man tried to calm her down by grabbing her hands. As they kept watching the two in the car they eventually spotted Paul, the manager and his assistant leave the house as well. All three men got into a big van and Paul was the one driving. The three boys were too busy looking out through the window to notice that Louis had walked into the room.

"What are you guys doing?" Louis asked and the boys turned around, all looked surprised and confused to see Louis standing there.

"Just loo-" Niall began but quickly got interrupted by Liam.

"What happened?" Liam asked and Louis sat down on the edge of the bed.

Both Niall and Liam sat down on the large window sill. Harry stayed by the window unsure of where he should sit or even go. He kept looking down since it somehow felt like this was all his fault. If it wasn't for him, Louis would've stayed downstairs with Eleanor and none of this would've happened. He played with the cross on his necklace and bit his lip.

"Well, as you may have figured out, my manager wasn't the happiest. But he wasn't actually mad at me after I made up some excuse that I was on the phone with mom about some family emergency when the picture was taken." Louis began and tried to look at all three of them but his eyes kept going directly to Harry who looked like an ashamed puppy who had just got caught chewing on a shoe.

Liam and Niall saw how Louis was looking at Harry and looked at him too. Liam sighed and Niall was just about to reach for Harry's arm as Louis cleared his throat and shook his head. Niall looked at him then at Harry and placed his hands in his pockets.

"Shortly, Eleanor 'dumped' me and doesn't wanna be a part of this anymore, but my manager did not like the idea of making this into a 'breakup'. But at the same time a 'breakup' would be better than keeping up with these cheating rumors." Louis continued and Liam frowned his eyebrows a bit in confusion.

"So you two will go out with a breakup?" He asked and Louis finally removed his gaze from Harry and sighed.

"Hopefully. It would be the easiest for everyone."

"But wouldn't that bring more hate to Elea-.. her?" Niall asked and quickly peeked over at Harry as he decided not to mention her name.

"That's one of the consequences of this." Louis answered shortly.

"But how will it affect your career?" Liam asked and crossed his arms at his chest. He hoped that it wouldn't affect it at all.

"Not at all, I hope. But I mean we planned on releasing the album in a couple of weeks and there will obviously be a lot of press interviews surrounding it. And if we 'breakup' there will surely be questions about that as well. But it's chaos, I mean-"

Louis stopped talking as Harry all of a sudden wrapped his arms around himself and rushed through the bedroom and into the bathroom. They all looked at him before they looked at each other. Louis got up from the bed and started walking towards the bathroom as he nodded at Liam. Liam nodded back and grabbed Niall's arm. They walked out of the room and down the stairs. Harry closed the door behind him and just as he was about to lock it the door handle moved and he quickly turned around with his back at the door as he stood in the middle of the room. Louis looked at Harry once he got inside and sighed. He carefully closed and locked the door behind him and walked over to Harry who kept hugging himself. Harry squeezed his eyes shut and leaned his face down. Louis licked his lips and walked to stand in front of Harry. Once he did he saw small strings on tears escaping Harry's squeezed eyes and sighed. Harry stood frozen on the spot and Louis gently let his hands on Harry's cheeks and wiped the tears with his thumbs.

"Why are you crying, babe?" Louis whispered softly and tucked some of Harry's hair behind his ear. Harry finally opened his eyes but kept his gaze down on the floor. He eventually looked up at Louis who gave him a soft smile as he tilted his head to the side while looking at Harry.

"Be-because i-it's my fa-ault..." He stuttered quietly and Louis frowned.

"What are you talking about? How's this your fault?"

"If only I would've stayed home... or at least stopped drinking when Gemma told me... you would have been down there... with her... and... this wouldn't have happened..." Harry said through his irregular breathing and Louis shook his head. He placed both his hands on Harry's cheeks and made him look at him again.

"None of this is your fault." Louis said with a calming voice and a straight face.

"But..."

"It's not your fault that she goes around and shoves her tongue down some Daniel's or Dave's throat." Louis said and chuckled lightly.

Harry looked at Louis and blushed. It was true, her actions wasn't his fault or responsibilities. But at the same time, he couldn't shake the feeling that he had made Louis stay with him when he knew he couldn't. Louis still saw that tiny glint of guilt in Harry's eyes and caressed Harry's cheek. Harry bit his lip and looked at Louis.

"Also, I did leave, right?" Louis said and Harry frowned his eyebrows before he got what he meant and nodded. "But then I choose to come back to be with you." He continued and Harry finally showed a small smile. 

"You chose me..." He whispered and Louis nodded.

"And why?" Louis asked and bit his lip. Harry rubbed his nose and looked down at Louis who looked back at him. The confidence in Louis' facial expression only made Harry even more confused.

"I-I don't know..?" Harry whispered. Louis shook his head and smiled in response before he lifted himself up a bit on his toes and wrapped his arms around Harry's neck. Harry smiled and wrapped his arms around Louis' waist to hold him.

"Because I'm YOUR boyfriend, not hers." Louis whispered and Harry's smile got brighter.