Chapter 29

The following days were chaotic. Everywhere Louis went there was more paparazzis' than ever. A lot of reporters constantly asked for his opinions and views on the cheating rumors. Were they true? Were they false? Was it even Eleanor in the picture? Since Louis wasn't bothered by the whole Eleanor-thing, since they weren't together for real and he had Harry, he couldn't even pretend that he cared. He knew it was happening and he knew he was the center of it but he was too far away from it in his own mind. All he could focus on was finishing the album and keep going with his life as usual as he could. Though it all had consequences, especially for him and Harry. They couldn't go out anywhere, they couldn't even go to their 'secret' coffee place that they always went to. Harry couldn't even go to Louis' house by himself. He always had to be picked up by Paul in the van to make sure no one saw him. Even though they could only say that Harry was a friend, since no one really knew about Louis being gay or being in a relationship with Harry, Louis still didn't want Harry to be involved in all of this. And so far no one had seen Harry, all they had seen was a tall man who always seemed to be wearing a hoodie coming and going from Louis' house. And Louis could definitely not visit Harry's house since people were following his every move. Same went for Eleanor. Everyone wanted to hear her explanations. And it didn't take long before the cheating rumors quickly turned into breakup rumors since Louis and Eleanor were never seen together anymore. They were never even near the other one's location.

Louis and Harry sat on the couch in Louis' living room and watched the news. Since they both knew the truth and what really happened behind closed doors it was somewhat interesting to hear what bullshit the reporters were saying about the whole situation. This time Louis was positive that he knew what they were going to bring up. He had earlier on the day, while he was in the studio, cleared things up with his manager. This was going to be a breakup between him and Eleanor. He had said that he had made his mind clear. He didn't want to 'take her back' or 'deny the cheating' or whatever else the other options would be. What happened had happened and he didn't want to keep up the act. There had been a fight between him and his manager about it. He had made it clear that this was the end several times, and he was happy with it. He didn't even want to play the part of the broken boyfriend whose girlfriend went cheating on him on New Year's Eve. He just wanted it to end so he could focus on real stuff instead of rumors about a fake relationship. As the news started Harry leaned his head on Louis' shoulder and watched the tv. It didn't take long before Louis' name popped up on the screen, as expected.

"Let's talk about Louis Tomlinson. You've got new information about him, don't you?" One of the news reporters said to the other one who nodded in response. 

"Yes. I don't think anyone has missed this, but in case you have. There was a New Year's Eve party at Louis' house, and the morning after a picture quickly started spreading. And it's said to be Louis' girlfriend, Eleanor, on the picture and the guy isn't Louis. Basically after this there's been a bunch of cheating rumors and breakup rumors. But now it seems to be confirmed by Louis himself." The other one said as the picture of Eleanor on New Year's Eve and another picture of Louis and Eleanor together popped up on a big screen between the two reporters.

"Oh, really?

Harry lifted his head from Louis' shoulder and looked at him. Louis looked back and gave him a cheeky smile before they both looked back at the tv. 

"Yes. Today I got several messages that Louis has deleted ALL of the picture on his instagram and twitter that involved Eleanor. It also seems like they have unfollowed each other.

As they were showing screenshotted pictures from fans as 'proof' on the tv screen and kept talking about it, Harry once again looked at Louis. Louis looked back at Harry and bit his lip as he tried to hide his smile, unsure of what Harry would actually think about it.

"You did that?" Harry asked and let his hand on Louis' bare chest. Louis stretched out one of his legs to reach his hand down in the pocket of his leggings to bring up his phone. He unlocked it and handed it to Harry with the instagram app open.

"See for yourself, love." Louis said as Harry took the phone with both his hands and leaned his side against Louis'. Not that Harry really knew what kind of pictures Louis had ever posted with Eleanor since he hadn't done it for a long time. Not even once since Harry came into their lives. But as Harry kept scrolling he didn't see one single picture of Eleanor, and he went all the way down to the first picture. It was as if she never existed and after Harry handed the phone back to Louis, he also showed that he actually did unfollow her.

"Also this." Louis said and turned the screen back to Harry with a text conversation open.

Eleanor: You're welcome, now you can be as gay as you want with Harry.🙂

Louis: You know I can't but thanks. Taking this as that you wanna go through with a 'breakup' too?

Eleanor: Yes. I don't wanna be a part of this bullshit anymore.🙄 Plus I'm much happier now.

Louis: Sounds perfect to me.👌🏼

Louis: We delete all pictures of us on social media and unfollow each other. And I won't talk shit about you for 'cheating' on me and you won't talk shit about me. Deal?

Eleanor: Deal. 

Harry couldn't help but smile as he read that Eleanor wasn't coming back and that she didn't want to either. He looked at Louis who put the phone away on the couch-table and smiled. Louis smiled and looked at Harry as he leaned back and let his hand in Harry's hair.

"You know what this means, right?" Louis asked as he gently twirled a string of Harry's curly hair around his finger. Harry had several ideas and thoughts in his head but wasn't sure what Louis was referring to, so instead of answering, he shook his head.

"This means that your boyfriend is seemingly single, and all yours. And you won't have to see pictures of me holding hands or whatever with some girl anymore. I'm all yours." Louis said and Harry's face lit up.

It was true, now Louis was all his for real. Even though no one knew about it, the two of them knew and their family and closest friends knew too and that was enough for Harry. Nobody needed to see or know about them. They were a secret and the less that knew, the less was the chance to be exposed. The fact that they, in that way, were further away from the world made them feel closer and it all felt more real when they could spend so much time together behind closed doors.

When Louis went to get his fluffy slippers Harry laid down on the couch and continued watching the tv. The news was over and there was just some cooking show now. Louis smiled when he saw Harry laying down and quickly climbed up on the couch to lay down with him. Harry flexed one of his knees and leaned it against the backrest of the couch while Louis laid down on top of his other leg. Louis laid on his tummy with his face buried in Harry's neck and his arm resting on Harry's chest. Since it was a small space for them both to lay on, Harry held his arm around Louis and held onto the waistband of his leggings to keep him from falling off the edge. Harry smiled and reached over to his phone. He snapped a picture without Louis noticing then he put his phone away and wrapped both his arms around Louis.

 He snapped a picture without Louis noticing then he put his phone away and wrapped both his arms around Louis