29: Over Again

29: Over Again

~*~*~ Kareline Brooks' Point of View ~*~*~

Everyone looked at me with respect in their eyes. Everyone gave way to me as they looked at me expectantly. 

Funny thing is, no one even knew me back then. They all ignored me like I was some weirdo who has no life, which I really am. 

Vi jogged and walked beside me as we walked in the school, "Are you alright?"

"I'll be fine." I shrugged.

"I'm sorry about Conan." She sighed. 

I already told her what had happened at the warehouse.

"He's an asshole and the fact that your wolf is siding with him is more awful." 

"It doesn't matter." 

"Anyway.. There's a talent show today and everyone in our year is required to join." Violet said, changing the subject.

"You mean, the talent show is today and they only told us that we're required to join today." 

"Uh-huh." Violet nodded, "The school's being an asshole to us, but there's nothing we can do. And they said it was a 'Year 11 surprise us' talent." She scoffed. 

My mind started to drift around, trying to think what I should do at the talent show. I'm not nervous. I'm more of anxious on what should I do on the stage. I like to sing but I'm not good, more of average. I'd like to act in front of everyone but I would look stupid doing a monologue in front of everyone.

"You should sing." Violet said, "That's what I'm gonna do." 

"I don't have a good voice. Average maybe, but not perfect." 

"Me too." Violet shrugged, "But who cares? At least I have something to show everyone." She said as we stopped by my locker.

People looked at me. I have dyed my hair blonde again, but I didn't stop wearing leather jackets. 

I tied my hair up in a ponytail, "What are you going to sing?"

"All you've got to do is fall in love." 

"Wow, that's a good song." I nodded.

"You?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. But, I do want some Christina Perri song." I rested my head on my locker, trying to think of a Perri song.

"Jar of Hearts?" 

"That's actually perfect!" I grinned.

"Great. Now that you have your song, let's go to the auditorium because the talent sow already started. Our year are the last performers." She added.

I looked around and noticed that the hallway was empty. Me and Violet ran to the auditorium and made sure to keep quiet as we went in the backstage.

***

I watched as Violet started to get pissed off at the guitar man, "Dude, how many time to I have to tell you? It's C not D." She snapped, "Just give me the guitar and get away." 

The guitar man ran off and I looked at Violet in amusement, "You're so rude."

"He's being stupid." She replied, sitting on a stool and checked out the guitar, "Oh, wait.. He's doing the right rythm." She realized.

I laughed, "Oh, Vi." 

I'm just lucky that I have a minus one song of Jar of Hearts. That song is actually related to me right now. I shook my head and looked out of the curtain from the backstage to see Conan already on the stage, sitting on a stool with a guitar on his arm and a microphone placed in front of him.