3: Tired (E)

The BadAss Mate

3: Tired

Conan's Point of View

"We love you, Conan!" The girls cheered from the bleachers, giggling with each other.

I smirked at the crowd then started dribbling the ball as I made the run for it, avoiding the blocks of the opponent team, shooting it right on the basket. The bleachers started to hoot and chant my name.

Score!

Coach called me to be switched with one of my team mates. I nodded at him and gave his back a friendly pat, "Good luck man." He grinned as thanks and ran at the center of the gym.

I looked up at the bleachers and grinned, but the cheerleaders wasn't the one that caught my eyes like it usually would, it was Lena. Her shining blonde hair cascading down her face, her brown eyes twinkling through the lights, she smiled at me but then she quickly wiped it off when she realized what she was doing before looking away.

The tingles.

The shock.

It was surprisingly.. a good feeling.

I frowned at myself and sat down on the bench, my head turned to look up again but Danica blocked the perfect view of my mate, "Oh my god, babe! You were so awesome out there!" She squealed, squeezing me in a hug.

My eyes blinked, as I cleared my throat, "Oh, uh yeah." I chuckled nervously, cracking a forced grin at her to pretend to be enthusiastic.

Shit, what's going going on with you Conan? Pull yourself together, man. You dont want a mate, right? Right. Right.

'Conan, I don't understand you and I don't think I ever will.' My wolf, Gino sighed.

I can feel him shake his head inside my mind, I rolled my eyes and ignored him. I sighed and pulled away from Danica clutching my head. I have so much in my head right now.

One more year, I'm going to be the Alpha. I still have to get rid of Danica. Then, getting killed by my mom if she ever found out I was ignoring my mate. Lena. What if mom finds out? I'm so dead.

Lena.

Lena.

Lena.

Shit, she's all in my head. Why can't I just stop thinking about her? She's not that important.

Fuck, Lena Carter, what the hell are you doing to me?

I looked up to see she was already walking away. Away from the gym, away from the bleachers, away from the people.

Away from me.

Why am I acting like this?

Why does it feel like it's hard?

'You won't feel that struggle if you just accepted our mate.' Gino growled.

*

Lena's Point of View

My mouth curled up in a smile unconsciously  when we both made an eye contact. Familiar tingles went off through my body, it was nice feeling like this, I could get used to this. My head suddenly snapped out of its daze, then I realized I was in.. reality. Oh I wish I could just run up to him, and give him a big kiss as a congratulations.

I wiped off the smile and looked away as soon as I saw Danica walking over to him.

Why is this so hard? No. Why does it have to be so hard?