11: Suspicious

~Promise to stay.~

Warning: UNEDITED

The BadAss Mate

11: Suspicious

Lena's POV

A month has passed after everything. All I can say is everything is good, no problems. At all.

I mean, sure Conan and I may have fought and bickered back and forth everyday but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Picking up my books from my desk, I took my bag and made my way downstairs, outside the pack house. Most of the pack members are already done with school but some are still in high school, with us.

I was about to start walking to school when I heard a beeping car beside me, I frowned and turned to see Conan grinning at me, "Hop in."

Smiling, I went and hop in the passenger's seat, "Hey."

"Hello." He grinned, as he started driving.

I chuckled, "So, why pick me up?"

"Well, I've been picking you up for a month now. So, I still don't get why you always forget that I always pick you up." He said.

I blinked, and realized that he was supposed to pick me up, "Oh.. Right." I laughed awkwardly.

He chuckled, shaking his head, "You're impossible."

"But you love it." I sang, winking at him.

"Indeed, I do." He grinned cheekily, "Wanna go to the beach with me later?" 

I nodded happily, "Yeah, just the two of us though. Right?"

"Yep."

"Okay then." I grinned.

Before I even know it, the car stopped and Conan parked in out school parking lot, "Okay, come on, Lena."

"Hold on." I struggled to take my books from the gear.

Conan sighed as he took my books, "Come on, I'll hold these for you."

I smiled, "Thanks." I went out of the car and sling my bad over my shoulder.

We both walked in the school with our hands intertwined. The first time we were together the whole school would look at us in awe or envy, and sometimes they'd whisper to each other. But now, no more. They got used to us being together so no more staring, which was a relief to me.

Me and Conan went to our classroom, he put my books on my desk and sat next to me.

I've been dying out of curiosity, I wanna know why at the very first time he found out I was his mate. He didn't want me. I wanna know why. That's what I've been wanting to ask him, but I would chicken out and be like, 'It doesn't matter anymore.'

But right now, I just really wanted to know.

I turned to Conan, "Con.. Why didn't you want me in the first place?" I asked, biting my lip. Stupid mouth of mine.

'It's okay, Lena. We deserve to know.' D'neah shrugged as she laid down.

'Alright..' I trailed off.

Conan looked at me in surprise, "Why are you asking me about this now?"

"It's not like that. Actually, I've been wanting to know this since we got together but I just can't ask you because I'm scared that you'll get mad at me."

"I'm not going to be mad at you." Conan sighed, "It's okay for you to ask. You deserve to know, but can we talk about this later when were at the beach?" I nodded, he smiled at me, "Thanks. I mean, it's better if we talk there, more peaceful and no one to interrupt."