18: Heat

The BadAss Mate

18: Heat

~*~*~ Lena Carter's Point of View ~*~*~

"Are you serious? What if we got caught?" I looked around, worriedly.

"I thought you were a bad ass." Parker smirked.

"I am." I said, firmly, "I'm just making sure the cops won't catch us."

"They won't." Gerard chuckled, "They won't be able to catch up with us, we're were-" He cut himself off as he looked at Parker, "I'm we're-we're, uh, we're fast runners."

Parker grinned, "Yeah, man. You're from track, right?"

"Yeah, he is." Violet glared at Gerard, "In fact, we're all from track."

"Woah, seriously? Well, damn." Parker chuckled.

We trespassed inside an abandoned house that Parker, Gerard and Callum saw yesterday, so they decided to have fun in here with the whole gang, and fortunately, the asshole's not invited.

"I swear, Gerard, if we get caught I'm going to kill you." I hissed.

Gerard laughed at me, "Uh-huh. Parker was the one who wanted to come here."

"Don't blame this on me, you wanted to come too." Parker argued.

"Come on, guys. I thought we'll have some fun?" Callum groaned.

"Fine." Deb huffed, "What are we going to do then?"

Chris grinned, as he opened the cabinet and took out three bottles of alcohol, "This."

"No." Violet shook her head, "No way."

"Oh, come on, let loose guys. Let's have some fun." Parker pleaded, grabbed a bottle from Chris and laid it on the table beside the other two bottles.

I sighed and shrugged, "Why not?"

"Lena!" Violet and Deb exclaimed.

"What? It's just a few drinks, guys. You wanted me to act bad and rebel, right?" I said, shrugging again.

Violet sighed, rubbing her hand on her face, "Fine!"

"You don't have to, you know?" Chris added quickly, as he turned to his mate, "I don't want you to feel pressured."

"Too late." Violet smiled sarcastically.

"Damn it, we want to have fun and forget the problems we're having right now. Stop fighting and have a damn break." Gerard exclaimed, trying to hold himself back from cussing repeatedly.

Deb groaned, "Whatever." She grabbed the bottle opening it as she took some cups from the same cabinet Chris opened a while ago.

I grabbed a cup from her gratefully as I poured an alcohol on it. I bit my lip, looking at the drink I'm holding. I felt someone nudge me, I turned and saw Parker smiling, "Try it."

I stared at him for a few minutes before sighing, "This better be worth it." I held the cup on my mouth and took a few sips. I grimaced at the bitter taste, feeling my throat burn as I gulped.

"Don't sip it, gulp it down. If you sip, then it'll taste more awful." He said.

Grumbling, I gulped down the drink feeling it burn down my throat again. But, this time it tasted a little bit better.

He smiled at me.

"It still tastes awful." I scrunched my nose.

"It's your first time that's understanding." He shrugged.