Chapter 36

Warning: slash

Save for the debris settling, silence surrounded him.

Lying face down and breathless from his landing, Harry tried to calm himself enough to think. Even with just lying where he was, Harry knew that this situation was not good. The Ministry had centuries old layers that protected the building, so either the Unspeakables had been meddling with something they weren't supposed to, or this had been done on purpose.

There was a weight lying on top of him, having landed at the same time as he did, sticky fluid soaking his robe, blood if he was not mistaken. But why wasn't there any pain in his back if he was wounded? And the weight on top of him was too warm to be a piece of the broken floor.

Twisting his head to look behind him, Harry clamped his teeth together to avoid vomiting. He couldn't see the face of the person lying on top of him with them lying on their back. But the pink coloured hat gave him a good idea of the person's identity. How had she even ended there when they had been in separate rooms?

Squirming around, Harry dislocated the body from his, wincing when more blood seeped through his clothes. But with her removed he was able to move again.

Despite the fall, he was eased to discover that he was somewhat unhurt, there would be some bruises on his back where the woman had landed on him and the vials digging into his skin, but it would have been much worse if not for the giant teal coloured teddy bear he was lying on.

His arms shook as Harry levelled himself up, needing to know what the situation at hand was.

Above him, most of the ceiling was gone, Harry's guess was that the room he had been in had been one of the last to be effected by what had caused it to carve in, a big reason to why he wasn't buried under some rubble right now.

Around him, people seemed to be getting up. Some, like himself, had been lucky enough to land on something soft, while others had been not so lucky and Harry forced himself not to look at them, knowing that he could do nothing for them, no matter how much he hated to admit it.

A part of the ceiling broke off and landed not far from where Harry sat, causing the seer to jump in fright as he realised that he couldn't stay where he was. Though, if the floor gave out again, the teddy bear would definitely soften the fall.

He slit down from the teddy bear, realising how big it was when he had both feet planted on the floor and he found himself unable to look over its top.

The destruction had left an unnatural stillness behind. For a moment Harry feared that he was the only one left alive. There were more unmoving bodies spewed across the floor amongst the rubble and even more could be buried under the debris.

But the fear didn't last for long. People emerged, slightly dazzled but mostly unharmed because of their own quick reactions.

"Harrykins!" The seer didn't have time to duck before slender arms wrapped themselves around his neck and Harry found his face buried in a well developed bosom. "Oh, my sweet, little Harrykins, do you have any idea of how worried you were making your Auntie Bellatrix? Seeing you fall like that, if I get any grey hairs you end over my knee, young man."

Finally the grip loosened enough to allow Harry to draw back and take deep breaths of air before being dragged back again by Bellatrix, whom continued to fret over him, completely unaffected by the rising chaos and panic around them.

"Bellatrix, I believe that it's best we get on the move." Harry drew back, sending Rabastan a thankful look as the wizard most likely had saved him from being suffocated by the overzealous female.