Chapter 15

After Voldemort had left, Harry went on with his task. The seer grimaced at the sticky feeling in his trousers, wishing that Voldemort had used magic to at least vanish the proof of what had happened before the man had simply left.

The containers were closed and put on the correct shelf, ready for the next time that someone would need them.

Leaving the laboratory and closing the door behind him, Harry walked the way back to Voldemort's quarters. Every move he made was automatic and Harry was only dimly aware that Nagaini was following him, probably concerned about his sudden silence.

Still Harry had had sense enough to wrap the Invisiility cloak around him before he had departed from the laboratory. He didn't want to think about what kind of rumours it would have started if someone noticed the splotch on the front of his pants.

Smith's accusations rung in his ears, like a broken record that could only play the same few sentences and again.

He knew that the accusations, or at least part of them, were false. Severus had never used him in the way Smith had more than hinted at. Harry was pretty sure that Severus still viewed him as the kid the Potions master had stumbled over that night so many years ago. Harry could not even start imagining his caretaker in another way than he already did.

Severus was the closest thing to a father he had and Harry had no plans to change that.

While he and Severus had a parental relationship, the same couldn't be said about whatever was going on between him and Voldemort.

Harry wasn't sure what was going on between them, if there was anything at all. After all, Voldemort was a confusing person. For the man this could just be a game, and Harry wasn't willing to let himself getting burnt because he allowed himself to believe something else.

When he'd first made the deal with Voldemort, Harry had thought that his life would carry on like normal, only with a few more people knowing about his strange ability.

He'd certainly not expected Voldemort to take such an interest in him and to start kissing him out of the blue.

Harry's fingers brushed over his lips and a blush coloured his face, thankfully unseen by the few students he passed on their way. Those few times Harry had entertained the thought of kissing someone he'd always conjured the image of him kissing some faceless girl.

It had always felt so awkward that Harry had ended with writing himself off as asexual.

But evidences now proved that he might have been focussing on the wrong gender.

Mulling over this Harry felt split about what he was supposed to feel about this whole thing.

Since his feeling were such a mess Harry decided to try and look at things from a more logical side, something that Severus had often urged him to do.

He needed to know why Voldemort had kissed him. Had it been something akin to a fluke or had there been a reason behind it?

From the Daily Prophet and general gossip he had happened to stumble upon Harry knew that Voldemort'd had his fair share of lovers, though they didn't seem to become more than that.

In a society where most purebloods were betrothed from birth, it said a lot about the man that he'd not yet entered a marriage contract despite his numerous affairs.

So either Voldemort bribed those he allowed to share his bed with, or no one had anything to complain about, and those numerous rumours circulating were simply started by people who had nothing better to do with their lives.

A feeling told Harry that it was a combination of those two.

So it wasn't like Voldemort lacked of people who were willing to let him shag them. Most would probably feel honoured to have the dark lord to take an interest in them. Either that or they would be scared to death.