Chapter 17

"My Lord." The dark clad Potions master dipped his head in respect as he stepped inside the room. In all the time he had known Severus, he had rarely seen the other bow to anyone, and it was just as well. Because instead of making it an act of respect, Severus made it seem like he was merely humouring an annoying child.

Placing the quill aside Voldemort decided to acknowledge the other's presence seeing as he currently found it rather troublesome to get something off hand. "I trust that your mission was a success." He asked though already knowing the answer to the question. But if he immediately jumped to the subject on his mind, Severus would clamp up, being more uncooperative than he was ought to be.

"Of course, my Lord. As the missives I sent you told, the giants have been reminded who they swore loyalty to, and they will not be interested in the offers that Dumbledore makes his followers approach them with, so it can be considered a success. As well as the other mission I suddenly found myself with when I had accomplished the first one."

Severus was fishing for answers, being subtle but still clear about what he wanted. Voldemort knew that his Potions master had to be confused. After all he had long since risen over the ranks of those followers Voldemort sent off on a task for little other reason than to his own amusement. The last task had been too obvious. He had no use of the leaves of a blue fire lily. But it grew in a magic resistant area much like that of the giants, meaning that Severus had had to use time on travelling and locating the flower.

Time he had used to bind Harry to him.

Only those ties were far from as strong as he had hoped that they would be at this point. In fact, after the whole incident with the quarter Veela and the near drowning experience, Harry seemed to have withdrawn. The seer had still stayed by his side, spending the time he insisted with him, but he was tense, as if he expected to be hit or something unpleasant to happen.

But Voldemort had seen him watching him, though he had refrained from calling Harry out on it. The deal between them forced Harry to tell about any visions he had, so whatever was bothering his seer, it couldn't be a vision or he would already know about it.

"My Lord, has Harry behaved while he was with you?" the concern for his charge was clear in Severus' voice. Normally the Potions master was hard to read. The only time he could recall seeing any real concern was after Harry and the Malfoy heir had been rescued from the rebels. Severus was a man who could not stand doing nothing. Being unable to help while Harry had been unconscious in the Hospital Wing had driven Severus up the walls in a way Voldemort had not had the joy of observing before.

"How loyal would you say that Harry is?" He instead asked, ignoring the question. Severus would get to see Harry soon enough. He would leave it to the seer to explain to Severus what had happened in his absence.

Severus' face was impassively as he thought over the question. "While I am unaware of most of the details of his stay with the Order, I can say that Harry will never willingly return to Dumbledore's side. But I believe that while he has no warm feelings towards the rebels, he will not pick a side in something he believes has nothing to do with him. But he will continue to do his best to ensure that those he cares about are not harmed." Severus felt silent after that, as if waiting for a response from him.

At first Voldemort did not bother to speak, resting his chin on his folded fingers.

He was well aware that he needed something to make sure that Harry would stay when the deal ended. Not only for the sake of continual knowledge about the future, but he had found that he had grown to desire the youth despite his tendencies to get himself into trouble.

"Severus, I have one last task for you to perform before you are allowed to rest." The slight stiffening in his shoulders were the only sign of weariness that Severus allowed to slip out. Undoubtedly he was already imagining whatever else meaningless mission he could possible be sent on. "When you see Harry afterwards, I do not care what method you chose to use, but you will find a way to persuade him to stay in the room I have selected for him." Confusion briefly dashed over Severus' face before it was gone again.

Little seer On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara