Chapter 7

It became February and Harry's life had fallen back into its old pattern. He would wake up, eat breakfast and then start on whatever task Severus had planned for him.

And yet, the pattern had changed from what Harry was used to.

Nearly every day up to lunch Draco had taken it on himself to show up and drag off with Harry, regardless of what he had been doing.

Apparently it wasn't healthy to ditch a meal, who knew?

The seer didn't bother to look up when the door to the laboratory was opened. He merely held up a ginger, signalling that he would be done in a moment. A sigh and the ruffle of shoes told Harry that Draco had gotten the message.

With his tongue peeking out between his lips Harry turned back to counting the stirs, seven clockwise and than one counter-clockwise, before he repeated the process.

Blindly Harry reached out until his hand found the crushed rose pedals. Between two fingers he took a pinch and added the powder between the stirring.

Seeing the potion turn from bright yellow to a mother-of-pearl sheen, Harry stepped back and placed the stirrer on a nearby working table. "That is Amortentia."

Draco's voice caused Harry to jump in surprise. He had successfully forgotten about Draco in the short time it had taken him to finish the potion. "Severus said that he would show it as an example to his sixth year students." Harry answered while he cleaned his hands in a towel. "Any reason to why you are here?"

At the extravagated sigh escaping Draco's lips Harry shifted. How was it, that even without words Draco could make him feel guilty for something he wasn't sure what it was?

"Seriously Scarhead, sometimes I believe that you truly are a hopeless case. By now you should have gotten used to that we eat lunch together. You're thin enough as it is. If you lose any more weight even a small wind will be able to knock you off your feet. And that's what will happen if you skip meals."

Ducking his head at the reprimand Harry took the cauldron of the fire, knowing that the potion would have to cool down before it could be bottled. "Shall we get going?" Harry paused at the ridiculous look he received from Draco. "What?"

The blond glanced towards the ceiling and Harry was sure that he heard mutters about a hopeless case. Then the grey eyes were back at him. "You can't seriously mean that you are going out in that outfit." As if to emphasize what he meant, Draco pointed one pale finger on the middle of Harry's chest.

"Well, I... you see." Harry's search for something to say stopped when Draco grabbed his arm and started dragging off with him. Wondering what was going on, Harry allowed Draco to lead and followed him inside his and Severus' quarters.

Only in front of the closed door to Harry's room did Draco stop. The blond sent him a gaze, somehow transferring his sudden uneasiness to Harry. Despite how long they had known each other only two could say that they had been in Harry's room since he had started living in there.

Harry, because he lived in the room, and then also Severus.

There had simply never been a reason to why he should take anyone in there. The room was his sanctuary.

And yet, Harry found his hands gesturing for Draco to open the door before his mind had come to a decision.

Draco pushed the door open before Harry could change his mind and he followed the Slytherin instead. "It's... clean." Harry looked around, trying to see the room with Draco's eyes. Something in Draco's tone of voice suggested that this wasn't what Draco wanted to say when he had seen the room.