Chapter 16

"You need to keep your hand in this bowl for an hour, and then the potion should have done its work." Harry accepted the bowl from Narcissa, but didn't make a move to put his wounded hand into the purple coloured potion.

Instead he looked around the woman, where Voldemort stood hovering over them, making sure that Narcissa was doing a proper work, and raised an eyebrow at the man. After all, Harry had insisted that it had been unnecessary to summon the woman, seeing that nothing was done to his hand that a simple potion would not be able to fix, and yet Voldemort had refused to listen to reason.

Voldemort seemed to understand the unsaid message just fine. "You might have some understanding about potions, but Narcissa is as good as a fully trained mediwitch and would have been able to spot it, if anything had been out of order." In a few strides he was next to the chair Harry was seated in, Narcisssa stepping aside so he had clear way. To Narcissa he said, changing to English instead of Parseltongue. "Wait outside." The woman nodded, gathering the things she had taken with her and left the room, not saying a word to either male.

Without warning, Voldemort leaned forward, picked up Harry's wrist and guided the wounded appendage into the bowl's contents.

A hiss passed over his lips as Harry instantly felt when the potion started to work on his hand. Despite knowing that it was supposed to sting like Hell, Harry still tried to yank his hand out of the substance.

Voldemort countered the move by tightening his grip around the wrist until Harry was sure he felt the bones grind against each other and he stopped squirming.

It was either that or continue and find out if Voldemort was willing to break his wrist.

"If you continue like this, I will deem it necessary to tie you up in the bed so you will not be able to leave it, to keep you safe." The moment the man said it, Harry knew he was serious. After all, the deal between them still left a great space for both of them to move around on, and Voldemort would undoubtedly carry out the threat if he viewed it as necessary.

"I'm quite fine on my own." Harry argued back, trying to fight back the blush that had bloomed at Voldemort's words. He tugged lightly at his hand, seeing as Voldemort had yet to let go. When his hand was released Harry brought his hand and the bowl to his other side, where Voldemort would not be able to reach it just as easily.

Of course, if Voldemort was determined on something, Harry guessed that such a small distance would hardly matter.

"Thanks for saving me from the basilisk." Harry said when he felt like the silence had become too strained. It wasn't that he'd doubted that Voldemort would come for him. If nothing else, then because the man wouldn't risk losing his ticket to knowledge about the future.

Voldemort swept down so their noses were nearly touching. Suddenly nervous Harry went nearly cross eyed as he stared back. The man was close, and Harry half feared, half hoped for another of Voldemort's kisses. All that was required was that one of them closed the small distance between them and their lips would be touching.

"How did you find the entrance to the Chamber?" Voldemort's breath washed over Harry, wrapping him in the smell of coffee and it took a moment before his mind registered the question he'd been asked.

Now where he thought about it, he was rather surprised that the topic had not been brought up before now. "It was an accident?" Somehow he managed to form what should have been a statement into a question.

The look on Voldemort's face told Harry that the man too had noticed his uncertainty and he wouldn't be late to use it.

"One does not stumble on the Chamber of Secrets by calamity. You would have had to be deliberately searching to be able to locate it. Now, answer my question or you will have to face the consequences." At Voldemort's words, Harry closed his eyes, swallowing. He didn't want to rat out Myrtle, as her involvement would be hard to hide. On the other hand, she was already dead, so exactly what would Voldemort be able to do to the ghost?