Chapter 28

Much to Harry's great regret, his solitude after Dumbledore's departure didn't last for long.

Having slumbered in the corner, Harry's head jerked up when the door opened, and the back of his head hit the wall behind him. "Bloody perfect. My arm hurts and now I also have a headache, now all I need is a pain in the arse and my collection would be complete." He grumbled darkly, rubbing his head at the spot where the pain had blossomed from. His left arm rested in his lap, the wounded appendage hidden behind his bend legs.

Remembering the reason for his headache, Harry looked over at the newly arrived pair, narrowing his eyes when he realised who they were. Red hair, what looked to be second-hand robes and too many freckles to count, the man was definitely a Weasley, no doubt about that. The man looked friendly enough as he smiled at Harry, who didn't feel inclined to relax. He was one of the older Weasleys, thin and tall and with thinning hair on top of his head.

The woman was the man's opposite with hair long, thick and azure coloured, Like the man she was smiling, and while the robes she wore were well used, they were more practical inclined than the ones the man was wearing.

Harry supposed that there was a reason to why they were there, and not just to ensure that he wouldn't be lonely. "Arthur Weasley, Nymphadora Tonks, I would offer you a seat, but as you can probably see I am a little short of those." He drawled in his best imitation of how Severus spoke when he was dealing with particular bothersome people he really didn't want anything to do with.

It made sense, Harry supposed, for Dumbledore to send those people in first. If he remembered correctly, Weasley senior had several children, more than he could effort to have even if he had had a real job to support his family with, and with his calm demeanour he could lull people into a sense of security.

The Metamorphmagus was there so Harry would be aware that it would be in his best interest to behave. She had been there the first time he and Draco had been captured, and thought he hadn't seen much of her before, she was someone he was wary of crossing. Rumours had it that she had been Mad-Eye's disciple, and there had been a reason why the old man had been handed any uncooperative prisoners. Harry wasn't interested in seeing how much the woman had been taught from Moody.

"Don't call me Nymphadora, it's Tonks. Why did my mom have to keep up the Black traditions even after she had been disowned?" Harry felt a smile form on his lips. It seemed as if he had remembered correctly about her not liking her first name, or any kind of variation of it. To make her lose her temper could be useful, as long as she did not take it out on him.

Weasley senior stepped in, placing a calming hand on her arm, at least Harry assumed that it was supposed to be calming, it might as well be to stop her from going for her wand.

Seeing that she had calmed down enough to not attack anyone right at the moment, Weasley senior turned to Harry, the smile still in place though it did look a little strained. "Good morning, Harry." So, at least he now had an idea of what time of the day it was, unless Weasley senior was only saying it to keep Harry more out of the loop than he already was. "I'm happy that you still remember who I am though we didn't see much of each other when you were a child. I don't know if you remember, but I have a son who is your age, Ronald, and a daughter who is almost a year younger than you, Ginevra, you were friends as children and I am sure that they have both missed spending some time with you."

With each word the man spoke, Harry felt his smirk grow more strained. Really, the man was speaking as he was a child who had been away for some time and was being welcomed home by a childhood friend's father. Still, it would be rude of him to ignore the man's attempt to be friendly. "Of course I remember Weaslette and the Weasel, tell me, is dear Ronneskins' nose still crocked after I broke it? No matter what, it was certainly a great improvement to what he looked like before." This was said with the brightest smile Harry could muster at the moment. With how his arm stump was aching it became rather strained before long.