Chapter 35

Warning: slash

He was lying in a soft and somewhat comfortable bed.

That was the first thing his mind registered upon coming out of the dark obviousness. Harry groaned in his mind as his head throbbed in time with his left arm. "Harry."

His eyes fluttered open at the familiar voice. "Severus." Harry said groggily as he focussed on the somewhat blurry form hovering over him. Onyx eyes were staring down at the other, drifting over as if checking Harry's condition.

"Drink this." He accepted the cup Severus brought to his lips, taking hold of it before tilting it and allowing cool water to slip inside. Harry closed his eyes in momentary bliss; his mouth had been quite dry.

Realising that he was using more than one hand to hold the cup Harry opened his eyes and looked down. He didn't bother to contain his smile, after all only Severus was in the room, upon seeing what his mind had already registered. Two hands were holding the cup.

Draining the cup for the last drop of liquid Harry placed it aside on a small nightstand; more interested in examining the result of the operation rather than speaking with Severus in the moment. By the look of it, it had been a success. He could tap his fingers against each other without any trouble and move his hand easily into different positions. Other than a faint scar from where the hand had been cut off, it was almost like it had been before.

The clearing of a throat reminded Harry that he was in fact not alone, and he beamed up at Severus, only for his smile to die out upon seeing the Potions master's dull expression. "Exactly why did you not find it necessary to inform anyone that you were about to have a vision? We had discussed the risk of this beforehand, you know how much could have gone wrong if you had started moving around while Healer Moonlight was working on you, and yet you said nothing."

Severus was positively glowering at this point, and Harry realised that it was most likely of fear of what could have happened. "I didn't know that one was on its way." Harry looked back at his hand as he spoke, but now his thoughts were elsewhere than the apparently successful operation. Why hadn't there been any warning? Normally he would be aware of the hints, especially of the headaches that came if he waited for too long. But this time there had been nothing that could possibly have alerted him of a vision being on its way.

It was strange, and Harry certainly did not like it. Then again, it was the first vision he had had since his body had been declared free for all kind of potions, so it might explain why he only now experienced any kind of difference.

"Elaborate."

"I think that Dumbledore's potion did something. It seems like when I use it, it changes something. First it caused my visions to come more frequent." This could really become an annoyance. "When I brewed it myself, I could suddenly move around despite being a part of a vision, and this time there was no warning." While speaking his fingers traced the white scar. This was a change he wasn't sure what to make of. If he didn't get a warning for when a vision came, how was he supposed to postpone them to a more convenient time?

Severus settled down on a small wooden chair right next to the bed where Harry sat. The Potions master pinched the bridge of his nose, looking tempted to start yelling at someone, unfortunately for him, only Harry was in the room, and so the man pushed the urge down. "This is one of the things you are supposed to inform me about, how shall I otherwise be able to look after your best interest, brat?" Harry gave an embarrassed shrug, not sure of how he was supposed to react to the question.

"I fell." At Severus' confused look Harry continued. "In my vision, the floor gave out under me and I fell. I couldn't tell where I was, but there were other people around me and something had happened beforehand so there was so much dirt in the air that I could hardly see anything. Then I awoke." It annoyed him to no end when he had so little information. For all he knew, his vision could be happening the next moment, and they wouldn't have a chance to prepare for it. "I think there had been some kind of attack, it sounded like people were duelling."