Chapter 10

His mind rose to the world of conscious much sooner than Harry was prepared for. He wanted to stay in the darkness, where he would be free from thoughts and impressions, but something was stopping him from doing just that.

It seemed like something had changed while Harry had been out of it.

Unlike the last time he had been awake, he felt comfortably warm. His leg was not pulsing with pain; in fact he could ignore the soreness coming from the spot where the wound was. The duvet over him was warm and heavy, urging Harry to stay in his half awake half asleep state.

Without opening his eyes Harry tried to access his situation. Somebody had healed his body, and Harry doubted very much that Black had any hand in it. Either he had been unconscious for longer than he thought, or someone had done it. The latter seemed more likely to him.

Form what he could tell, he had been removed from the cell. The bed he was lying on, felt like it could swallow him whole with its softness. It was definitely an improvement from the last three days. It also told Harry that it was not his own bed. In fact, Harry was fairly sure that he had never been in a bed where the covers felt like they were made of silk.

His mouth was dry and he felt like his tongue was glued to the roof of his mouth. And his stomach felt like someone had twisted it one time too much. It was probably an effect of not eating for the past few days, though he couldn't say for sure.

Shifting Harry became aware of two things.

One, he was naked. That was the only explanation to why he could feel the bed sheet brush against his skin like a lover's cares at places which would normally be covered by clothes. Someone had undressed him while he had been unconscious, and whoever had done so had not bothered to redress him with new clothes.

Harry supposed that he should be thankful that the bedcovers at least were laid over his body.

Second, he was not alone in the bed. Someone was lying pressed against his side and something heavy and warm was draped over his waist, keeping him pinned to the bed. It felt like an arm and it probably belonged to the one behind him.

Harry breathed in sharply, before forcing his breathing back to the deep and even rhythm it had been before. Whoever was in the bed, probably knew that he was no longer asleep, but still Harry couldn't make himself give up the game.

He couldn't remember a single time where he had shared a bed with another person. Harry had always been a private person, he didn't want others that close. And now someone had dared to sneak up on him while he was at his most vulnerable.

Knowing that he had already blown his cover, Harry decided not to wait for his bedpartner's move. Since he lay on the side, his right arm was not of much use.

His left arm however was free and able to move.

Fast as a snake Harry elbowed the one behind him. His elbow came in contact with a body, but it definitely didn't feel like something that belonged to a human.

Not taking the time to consider what this meant, Harry rolled away from the other, not caring about the way his body protested about being forced into sudden movements after having been kept still for so long.

He had been closer to the edge than Harry had assumed, when he suddenly found that there was no more bed to roll on.

Harry hit the floor with a hard thud, taking down the duvet and something else with him, as he hit the hard surface, biting his lower lip hard to not let any sound escape him. He rolled a last time, so he was lying on his back, sprawled out on the floor and unable to move due to the heavy weight trapping him to the floor.