Chapter 31

It was dark when Harry surfaced from his latest round of visions. He had slowly opened his eyes before rolling over and emptying his stomach contents in a bucket that had been placed by the bed's side for this purpose alone.

When nothing more came up, Harry wiped his mouth clean with the corner of the cover he had over him. The rather high temperature left more bedcovers unneeded, much to Harry's relief. He felt weak enough without having anything else to weigh him down.

Something was pressed against his lips and pure instinct had Harry opening his mouth before he remembered that it might not be such a good idea to do. But Harry found that he did not care as water entered his mouth, washing the taste of vomit away from his taste buds. He tried to gulp it all down in one go, but the cup was removed before he got halfway through it, and Harry hated himself for the whimpered protest that left him.

Long nailed fingers combed through his hair, making Harry relax as well as confusing the hell out of him. If it wasn't so dammed dark, he would be able to see who this person was, so he would know whether to swear at them or simply ignore the person's existence. "There, there, take it easy. If you drink it all in one go, then you will just get sick again and I don't think that is something you will want to do. Just do as I tell you, and everything will be alright, trust me." Definitely a female's voice, but no more details were revealed to him. Of all the nights for it to be overcast, and it was nearly full moon too. With just a little moonlight he would be able to see her figure, but not even the light from the street lamps were reaching the room tonight.

The woman continued speaking, completely unconcerned by the tumult in Harry's head. "I will alert Dumbledore that you have awakened." He was almost mournful when the fingers left him, a clear proof that he needed some natural rest if he missed the touch of a stranger.

The door opened and in the light that brief fell in Harry was allowed a vague look at his guard, a female around his own age, and with a shade of red hair which Harry knew could only belong to the members of one Wizarding family.

Then the door closed, leaving Harry in nearly complete darkness once again.

Slowly Harry pushed himself up into a seated position, using the wall the bed's head was pushed up against to ensure that he would not fall over, and kept his left arm still.

The task left him slightly out of breath and he sagged back against the wall. This wasn't easy and Harry already dreaded the next part. And though he hated that it depended on those people it was necessary if his plan was to succeed.

Draco would hopefully forgive him for doing this.

The door opened and bright light filled the room, forcing Harry to snap his eyes closed with a pained grunt. With his eyes closed Harry counted the people coming into the room, one, two, and the door closed, causing the seer to frown. Really, this differenced from the pattern which had been created. Draco and Dumbledore were a constant, but there was always at least one more person with them, the one responsible for escorting Draco to and forth where he was being kept. So far he knew that they were kept in the same building, but few details had been exchanged between them, it was rather hard to do when every second they spent together they were under heavy observation.

Feeling a weight making the bed dip, Harry opened his eyes, and found Draco's face not far from his own, the lack of a tingling feeling in the back of his mind lead him to believe that this was indeed his friend and not another imposter. Seeing as he lost time and made Harry even less inclined to speak of his visions after such stunts, Dumbledore had put a pause on his games. Yet the fact that they could be started again at any time kept Harry in a constant weary state.

The clearing of a throat drew Harry out of his thoughts. He was rather impressed of how calm and collected Draco seemed, as if he was about to get ready to a new and yet another normal day, instead of being kept hostage and awakened in the middle of the night. If the dark and heavy bags below Draco's eyes were anything to go by, he hadn't been getting much sleep.