Chapter 25

A body crashed through the window he had passed, sending shards of glass flying. Harry's arms flew up to cover his head from them. The man skidded over the ground and came to a halt. After a few moments did it become clear that he would not be getting up anytime soon.

Lowering his arms again Harry started walking as fast as he could without breaking into a run, keeping close to the shops and houses as he did so, and the meagre space there was to move around there.

He had managed to stay undetected until he realised that he was still carrying around his Invisibility Cloak, something he hadn't been able to leave back at the castle, which had proved to be a wise decision on his part.

So far, he had managed to be lucky, but Harry wasn't sure how long it would last. It was starting to drain him all those time a stray spell had come close to hitting him. If it continued like this, he would sooner have a heart attack than end up being cursed.

What unsettled him even more was before he had put on the cloak, he had gone mostly unnoticed. He would have thought that Draco would make a bigger target in a situation like this. But he had been overlooked, almost as if he had already put on the cloak, but at that time it had still been safely hidden in his pocket.

Not that Harry was complaining. He was well aware of how low his chance for success was if he had to go up against a wand wielder.

Stumbling over someone's cut off arm, the fingers still securely closed around the wand, Harry leaned against the wall behind him, trying to catch his breath. Meanwhile, his eyes were going over what was going on around him.

There was something wrong with the picture he was looking at.

A glance over the people in view revealed nothing to him. They were fighting, and, though he had no idea what half of the spells they used were, Harry knew that it would be in his own best interest to not get hit by any of those.

It wasn't because of the lack of Killing Curses flying, though it meant that help had yet to arrive. But the Order of the Phoenix was known for rarely using spells that had been labelled dark by the old Ministry. Apparently they believed that it made them the good guys.

In Harry's mind it only made them bigger fools than they had already been. If you had to fight, then wasn't it better to use whatever was available to ensure your victory? It was one more thing to the list of reasons to why he would not be joining them.

Now where he took the time to look closer, Harry realised that not all were fighting all out. It might just be something he imagined, but some of those at the street seemed almost as if they were trying to drag time out, especially those he recognised as known Order of the Phoenix members. The red hair was rather hard to overlook, though he only managed to catch a brief glance of the one whom he guessed was the Weasley patriarch.

Why were they attacking Hogsmeade, what was the purpose for doing so? They were risking their lives, and for what reason, a decoy perhaps? If he didn't know better he would say that they were looking for something...or someone.

Harry wanted to bang his head against something hard. He didn't like the answer his brain supplied him with, but it seemed so likely that it was not something he could dismiss as having no importance.

They were looking for him, which also explained why they seemed less interested in the town people and students who stood up against them. As a squib it wasn't like Harry was about to hurl any kind of spells at them.

But Draco was posing as him, and with the three Lestranges he was well protected and should be on his way back to Hogwarts, if he was not already there. So why had the Order members not withdrawn already?