Chapter 32

For the past two days Harry had observed those who came into the room when he was awake. They seemed distracted, and Dumbledore hadn't showed up once since having been told about the Horcrux.

That fact rubbed him the wrong way. He was all in for avoiding dealing with Dumbledore, but this went against what he knew about the old man. Was he so intent on locating the Horcrux that everything else was pushed away, or had something else that demanded the madman's attention popped up?

Hell, even Draco seemed to be on an edge, through the blond refused to let him in on what was bugging him. He had forgotten how long Draco could carry a grudge and revealing Voldemort's so-called secret would warrant the anger of Draco.

Harry himself wasn't a happy camper either, though for another reason than Draco. Not only was he still sore after his run in with the Weasley spawn, though it helped that the idiot had been banned from stepping into the room again, but the egg donor of said spawn had cut his hair.

He hadn't bothered attempting to explain to anyone why this seemingly little thing sent him into panic. But after seeing what had been done to his hair, Harry's thought kept returning to the vision he had had about the Veil.

A light touch on his shoulder brought Harry to awareness in the span of seconds. It helped, of course, that he had been in a state between sleep and awake, aware of what was going on around him, and yet not. It was something Harry had not had the luxury to experience since his departure from Hogwarts.

Blinking, Harry was quite shocked to find Bellatrix's face hovering inches over his own. Letting his eyes travel downwards, Harry realised that it was not only the witch's head which had manifested itself in the Order of the Phoenix's headquarter, but rather her whole body.

The witch was smiling and did not move one inch despite the clear proof that Harry was awake. "Rise and shine, sugar. There is a lovely full moon outside, don't you wanna go out with me and watch me?" Despite her cheerful tone, her voice did not raise much over a whisper, as if she did not want to cause alarm in case that someone was watching them.

Realising that there was no way that Bellatrix Lestrange could have made it here, at least not without killing everyone and set fire to things on her way through the house, Harry closed his mouth with an audible snap.

The woman continued smiling, lacking every bit of the craziness which the real Bellatrix was famous for, not worried about Harry's lack of response. However, when she reached out to touch him again, Harry swung his arm, and the limb connected with her bosom, as the woman quickly moved her head out of reach. "Shit."

The sudden movement had ripped the needle out of his arm, causing a small trickle of blood to appear. Baring his teeth at the woman in warning, Harry struggled to sit up and avoid the hands that were seeking to take hold of his left arm.

"Kiddo, we don't really know each other, but I need you to relax for a little while and rely on me. Do you want to get out of here?" At this Harry halted his attempt to get a hit in and opted to simply stare at the non-Bellatrix. She began to shift from one foot to another, apparently uncomfortable with the attention he was giving her. "Well, okay, good. How long has it been since you got your last dose of that potion thingy?"

Though annoyed with the way she was speaking about the art of Potions making, Harry wracked his brain in search of an answer to her question. "Yesterday...maybe?" He said unsurely, time became kind of hard to keep track on when he drifted in and out of reality.

The woman pushed her lips, finding a small vial from an inner pocket in her robe and looked at it doubtfully. Harry frowned as he looked at the substance inside it. The colour was rather alike to the vision provoking one, but the potion's texture was too thin for it to be the potion. "Well, that'll have to be enough. I'm sorry kiddo, this is going to nasty but you'll have to bear it."