Chapter 14: The 10 weeks

Jin's POV

After I flew to the middle of the village, I told Konohamaru to get everyone. After 10 minutes, Yuuki, Kakashi, Naruto, Sakura, Ino, Shikamaru, and Tsunade were gathered together.

"If you guys are wondering why I gathered you here, I wanted to say... Goodbye." They all gasped... except for Kakashi and Yuuki.

"Why?" Ino asked.

"Yeah! Why are you leaving?" Naruto asked/demanded.

"Well, like I've told Yuuki and Kakashi, I'm going to leave the village for a while. 10 weeks to be exact." After I said, a white dragon materialized beside me. Kinda like how Juro materializes beside Yuuki.

Juro materialized beside Yuuki.

"Mother." Juro said, bowing.

"My son." She said, rubbing his face with hers.

She then went back beside me.

"She seems more calm than a demon usually is." Yuuki said, analyzing her.

"I'm usually calm. Until Jin gets angry, of course."

"Is that what happened in the forest?" Yuuki pondered for a moment before her question was answered "No. The curse mark on his shoulder was the cause of that...... incident. Much like Yuuki, he transforms into the animal that resides within himself. A dragon."

Yuuki then clenched her shoulder, looking terrified. I held her hand, reassuring her by saying "I know what it's like to turn into a... beast." She then hugged me, and said "Thank you. That makes me feel so much better. I'm going to miss you." She hugged me tighter.

"I'm going to miss you too." Everyone decided to group-hug me.

"We're going to miss you."Ino said. 

"Be careful." "Good luck." Were the words spoken to me, before I turned around, and left.

"Do not worry, Jin. They will be safe. I am sure of that." The dragon said, before dissipating.

"Yeah, I know." I said, and smiled.

I took a few steps forward, and before I reached the path that leads outside of the village, I heard a "NOOOO!!!" After that, a pair of arms wrapped around my waist, squeezing me. "Jin.... please *sob* please don't leave me. We just got together.... and, I don't want to be seperated from you again...." She sobbed into my back. I turned around, and kissed her. I embraced her, and allowed her tongue to slip into my mouth. My face heated up, and my heart rate quickened. I grabbed a hold of her leg, and wrapped it around me. I backed up, and put my back against a tree. She held my shoulders, and separated our lips.

"I love you." She said, blushing.

"I love you, too." I said, hugging her again. "I need you to stay here. OK?"

She wiped a tear away, sniffled, and said "Okay."

She went back to the village. I turned around, and began my journey.

The First Day of Training 2:00 PM

It's been a few hours since I started my training. I'm staying in the mountains. 

It took a few hours, but I made it.

I've decided to call the dragon inside me Hikaru. It means Light in Japanese. She doesn't seem to mind me calling her that. She says it suits her.

Right now I'm just getting all my equipment together. Kunai, shuriken, paper bombs, and whatever else I had with me.

"All right, Jin. Let us begin with a materialization. Concentrate on summoning me."

I closed my eyes, and began to focus on Hikaru. Concentrate.

She began to appear beside me, and then something happened. I couldn't really concentrate. Images of Saphire, and the rest of my friends flashed through my mind.

"Jin! JIN!!!" Hikaru called, making my eyes snap open. My heart felt like it was going to burst out of my chest. I looked down at my hands. They were both clenched, and bleeding. 

I unclenched my hands, and looked at my palms. My finger nails were at least an inch long. Five holes were in both of my palms. They healed up, and my fingers returned to normal.

"This is going to take longer than I expected." Hikaru and I said at once.