Chapter 5: Recovery

Jin's POV

I was still in the hospital. It's been three weeks since I got here. My wounds are almost healed. Good. I really could use some fresh air. I heard Ino walk through the door. "Morning, Jin!" She said, enthusiastically. "Morning, Ino." I said, sitting up. "How are toy feeling?" She asked, curious. 

"I'm feeling a lot better, actually." I replied.

"That's great! Because you're going to test if you can walk." She said.

"Wait, wait, wait. What?" I asked, surprised.

"I knew you'd be surprised!" She said, as she clapped her hands, and smiled. "Come on, let's see if we can get you out of that bed!" She grabbed my hands,, and helped me stand. I was a little wobbly at first, but with a little cheering from the lovely Ino, I managed to walk towards a wheelchair. She pushed me down the hall, and into a room. There were a few nurses there, helping other patients take a walking test. The same one I'm going to take.

"Are you nervous?" Ino asked.

"A little." I replied.

"Right this way." A brunette nurse called after me. She helped me up, and directed me towards the two railings. I grabbed them, and began my test. My legs burned from the pain, but I kept going. One step, two steps, three steps. I almost fell over, but luckily I picked myself up, and kept going. Five steps. I'm halfway there. Six steps, seven steps, eight steps, nine steps, ten! I did it! I stepped off the the platform, and began to run around the room.

"I did it!!" I exclaimed, happily. "You did it!" Ino said, as she hugged me. We jumped up and down for a bit. She let go of me. I walked around a bit more, just to get them going. The pain was gone, and now I could get the stitches removed.

1 stitch-removing hour later.....

Finally! Those stitches are gone! They were really annoying.... Anyways, after I had my stitsches removed, I decided to go for a walk. I needed the fresh air, after all. Ino decided to take a walk with me. But, before I went outside, I decided to visit Neji. I did put him here, after all.

I entered the room, to see a bandaged Neji, laying in a bed. I placed a small vase of flowers onto the desk, near his bed. "Get better Neji." I said, as I closed the door.

After that, I opened the hospital enrance door, and headed out. 

A few hundred feet away from the hospital.....

"Ahhhh, it feels so good to move around again." I said as I stretched my arms.

"I'm glad you feel better." Ino, said blushing. I knew she had a crush on me, but I didn't feel the same about her.... like how I feel about Yuuki....

I sighed, thinking about her. I think i'm the same age as her..... I can't remember....!!!!

*Flashback*

"Jin!! Hurry!" A mother called her child, who was running from bandits.

"I'm coming, Mom!" A very scared child, called after his mother. "Get inside! Now!" The mother said, rushing her child inside. As soon as the child was inside, she locked the door, and threw the key away. "No! Stay from the door!"  A sword was punctured through the door, as blood trickled off the now blood-stained blade. "No..... " The mother said, as her now lifeless body fell to the ground. A puddle of blood covered the deck. She breathed weakly. "You bastard...." She managed to say, before another blade stabbed her skull.

"Mom..... mommy?" The young boy called. There was no answer. "Break the door down." The man ordered his troops. The door was smashed open, and bandits walked in, with their swords unsheathed. "So this is the jinchuriki we heard so much about, isn't it? Hmph. He doesn't look very powerful....oh well.... kill him." He pointed his sword towards the child. By now, the child was growling. He gained the Dragon's Sight at a very young age.

"You killed my dad... and now my mom....." Tears streamed down his face. "You'll pay..' The demon said, as a tail appeared. Along with the tail, angel wings appeared on his back.

"Hmph. Ironic, isn't it?" He asked, before he scratched one of the bandit's face. He pulled the jaw out of it's hinge, killing him...

*End of Flashback*

What the hell was that? Was that my past? Was that.... who I really was? A demon.... inside of me.....

"Jin?" Ino asked, worried. "What's wrong? You've been standing there for 15 minutes now...." She held my shoulder as she asked me this.

"I'm remembering my past..." I said, looking into her blue eyes.

"Your past?" She asked, puzzled.

"Yeah... when I got here, three years ago, I could never remember what kind of person I was... when I was younger, of course.... I... I..." She cut me off by saying "I understand."  She then hugged me tightly. I hugged her back. She then leaned towards my face, and kissed my cheek.

"You should try to remember who you were..... when you're done. I'll be here, okay?" She said, with a little bit of worry and a bit of seriousness.

"Yeah. Okay." I said, letting go of her. She did the same, and walked away. B now, I was standing on a bridge, which was built over a small stream. I looked into the water.

"Who am I?"