Chapter 7: Confession of Love

Jin's POV

Should I tell Yuuki? Or should I not? I asked myself these questions over and over again. I couldn't decide. If I do, how will she react? Will she love me? Hate me? Somewhere in between? I don't know.....

I wonder if she feels the same way about me. I sat down, trying to think this through....

If I do tell her, there's a chance she might say that she feels the same way about me, or, she might tell me that she doesn't feel the same way I do. 50/50 chance of something good, or something bad.

I went upstairs to my room, and decided to tell her. I rummaged through my closet, and found my favorite shirt. It was a white tank top, with tribal designs on the chest and back. I also found my black pair of shorts, and put them on. I took my dirty clothes, and put them in a hamper. I went to the bathroom, and looked myself in the mirror.

My complexion is fair, though I have a few scars from the Akatsuki. Damn them...

Anyways, I don't have any wrinkles yet, and I don't have bags under my eyes. Good. I ran the water, washed my face and hair. I dried myself off, and headed back downstairs. Once there I looked in the fridge, and grabbed an apple. I ran outside, locking the door, and taking a bite of my apple, doing so.

By the time I reached the front yard, a sliver of sunlight slips out from over the distance, signaling the dawn of a new day. I thought for a moment, taking another bite of my apple.

Should I? Or not? Those two questions kept echoing in my head.

It's like a record, that's stuck and keeps skipping a portion of a song, over an over. I feel monotonous. Hmm. That's a word I haven't used before. Monotonous. I like the sound of that peculiar word. As I finished my apple, I thought about Yuuki's features. She had long, black, flowing-in-the-wind hair, red eyes, and flawless peach skin. I sighed at the thought of seeing her again.

I stood up, and began walking around town.

After about 15 minutes, I passed Ichiraku's, seeing a blonde-haired boy. Recognizing him, I sat down near him, and decided to introduce myself.

"Hello. My name is Jin Senji. What's your name?" The boy looked at me, mouth full of ramen. He finished, wiped his mouth, and said "The name's Naruto Uzumaki! Believe it!" He punched the air. He's energetic.

"What would you like, sir?" The cashier asked.

"One bowl of miso ramen, please. And another for this boy here." I smiled, and looked back at Naruto. He smiled back.

"Hey, aren't you a friend of Hinata and Aiko?" He asked, before slurping some more ramen.

"Yeah, I am. Do you know them as well?" I asked, breaking two chopsticks apart. "I've tried to talk to Hinata, but she nairly faints every time I do. And Aiko...." I saw his cheeks go a slight pink. I smiled, and nudged his arm, softly. "Do you like her?" I asked, smiling again.

"Um... well..." He stammered, blushing.

"Don't get too embarassed about it. I know what you're going through, buddy." I began to eat, when Naruto said "Is there a girl you like?" I stopped eating, finished what was in my mouth, and said "Yeah. There is a special someone I like." I said, blushing. "Who is it?" He asked, tilting his head.

I went up to his ear, and whispered "Don't tell anyone, but it's Yuuki Uchiha."

"YOU LIKE YUUKI?!" I covered his mouth, shushing him. "Shhh! Be quiet! She might hear!" The girl and man behind the counter stared for a bit, and went back to work.

Sakura's POV

Was that Naruto shouting? That idiot better not be in trouble. When I reached the front of Ichiraku's, I hid behind some boxes, that were conveniently placed across the street. I listened in, concentrating my chakra in my ears to do so.