Chapter 24 Part 3

Jin's POV

When I opened my eyes, Yuuki was doing...... something to me. I couldn't really tell, since my eyes were blurry.

I felt my heartbeat getting weaker.

"Yuuki! You have to hurry! The poison!" Yuuki covered her mouth, and said "I know what I'm doing."

I felt weak, and closed my eyes.

Inside Jin's mind....

"Mother? Father?" I asked.

"Yes, son?" They both said.

"Am I going to die?"

They both remained for a moment before Kage answered "No. I spoke to Yuuki, and she will be able to help you."

"Yeah, she told me that she's going to take all the poison into her body."

I felt bad. For Yuuki to do such a thing for me. And yet, I'm also a little relieved about it. I am one of her best friends, after all. But........

Why?

If she takes the whole amount of poison into herself, she'll suffer every day. And I don't even remember my other father being able to cure this poison.

There is no antidote for this. My other father proved it. And......

"Jin?" Shura asked. "What is it?"

"There's one thing that Kage forgot to tell Yuuki and Saphira."

She looked confused.

"It self-replicates. When my other father was young, he helped create a poison that could never be cured, and can never die. It eats living things, inside and out. No bones, no skin, nothing."

Shura looked concerned. "Why would he do that?"

"To put it simply, war. War makes people do crazy stuff. My father made poisons, and trained ninja for a living. He taught many other things, but that's not the point. The point is, this poison can never be cured. Unless....."

"Unless...?"

"Unless I go under a blood transfusion. It would kill the other patient, but it would cure me. But, it would take too long."

"Yes, it would take too long." Shura added.

"There is one other option." Kage stated.

"That option?" I asked, knowing what he meant.

"Yes. The Transfer. Do you remember who taught you that technique?"

I clenched my fists. "I remember. Orochimaru made me watch him do it." I gritted my teeth. Just thinking about it made me angry.

That poor man.....

"Um, guys?" Kage said, urging us over to the command board.

"Kage, what did you do?" Shura asked, going over to him.

"Aw crap." She said, facepalming.

I went over and saw what went wrong.

The key for the voice command was still on. It flashed orange. That means that Yuuki and Saphira heard every word we said.

I clicked it, and clenched my fist even harder. "Damnit, Dad!"