Sorry

Brian's POV

I had to go see Roger. I needed to go make things right. It was my fault for everything. I was the reason for his pain, the reason his life was a living hell, and being so afraid of me that he felt the need to escape the place that was supposed to make him feel safe. All because of me. A horrible feeling filled me and was screaming at me that something wasn't right. I sped over to his house and knocked. No answer, house dead silent, not even an empty house could be this quiet. Right then and there, the dark feeling grew stronger than ever. I knocked a few more times, to make sure he really wasn't there. My instinct took over and I picked the lock, eventually succeeding in opening the door, I barged in and the soft sound of water hitting the floor was to be heard. Oh no...mind freaking out, I traced the sound back to the bathroom and burst open the door, heart jumping out of my chest. Oh my god...

"No..."

Heart dropped at the sight, mind going blank with what was in front of me. Bloody water overflowed out of the bathtub, spilling out onto the ground. Hesitating to look, eyes gazed above from the water and traced it back to where everything came from. Roger, no...
He laid there lifeless, surrounded by the dark red water that he was in, staining everything in its path. Mind wiped out of any thoughts, struggling to put the two together. Freezing up, I stared into nothing, tears welling up in my eyes. No, this couldn't be happening...

"R-Roger! No! Please! No!"

I ran over to him, hands shaking, trying not to slip on the water. Reaching the bathtub, I reached for him, trying get grasp on him and to my utter horror he floated over to me without effort. Picking his body up, he was cold and clammy to the touch, pulling him slightly out from the water. Head dangled loosely, his lifeless body limp in my arms, no signs of life left in him.

"Roger...please! Don't go...this is all my damn fault! Hang on, I'm taking you to a hospital right now!"

I threw the phone into my hands, after running over to get it and dialed the number in before it kicked in that he wouldn't make it by the time the ambulance arrived. I picked Roger up into my arms and dashed on my way to the hospital, as fast as I could go, his life depended on me. Rain showered everything, drenching Roger and I, the stares of people watching in shock, but I didn't care, I had to save him.

"Everyone, move!"

Passersby split ways, and I rushed through them, holding Roger close to me. I turned a corner and the hospital stood there, steps away. All the energy and adrenaline surged through my being and I bolted through the doors, searching for the nearest person who could help Roger, him dying in my arms. There was no one in sight and I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"SOMEONE HELP! PLEASE! HELP!!!"

No response, but finally, a nurse noticed.

"Doctors! Report here, there is a man bleeding to death, come now!"

A group of doctors came over, collected him out of my arms, and he was out, taken away on a hospital bed.

No, he can't die. Please don't die. I went over to sit down, but nothing could calm me down. His life was on the edge. Hands trembled, ice-cold and sweat ran down my forehead. Adrenaline surged through my veins and heart thumped stronger than ever, banging against my ribcage. Those negative thoughts, all pointing to death, Roger's death.