News

We went down the long hallway when an idea came into mind, but Roger beat me to it.

"Can I ride you? You know, a piggyback ride?

"Go ahead, be careful not to break me," I cautioned.

"You're funny," he laughed.

He hopped onto me and put his arms around my shoulders while I wrapped my arms around his thighs.

"You ready to receive the ride of your life?"

"Yes, go on!"

I carried us through the halls of the studio and to my surprise and utter relief, he wasn't that heavy.

"Woo hoo!"

His arms on my shoulders slipped away, he had let go. Oh no...

"Woah!"

His arms flailed all over the place, trying to find something to get a grip on. A huge weight came over my neck and shoulder, dragging them down.

"What the—"

Next thing I know, I laid on the ground, facing the ceiling, with no sign of Roger. It wasn't until something moved under me that it occurred to me that he was underneath me.

Freddie's POV

"So yeah, that's what happened—"

Crash!

"Oh dear, that didn't sound good."

We turned the corner and were greeted by the sight of Roger and Brian on the ground in a heap. John fell to the ground, dying of laughter and I ran over to them to help.

"Are you okay, darlings!?'

"I'm fine, but not so sure about Roger, though.

"Wait where is he?" I asked.

Movement came on under Brian and a hand pushed Brian's leg out of the way as a head shot up.

"Here I am, and I'm okay, besides being squished by a fluffy poodle!"

"I'm not a poodle!"

"You're my poodle," he said and hugged him.

Brian stood up. "Sorry about that," he said, helping Roger up.

"Nah, I'm the one who should be sorry. I was the cause of this!"

"What did happen," I questioned.

"I was giving him a piggyback ride, exploring the halls and stuff—"

"Aww, that's cute!" Freddie exclaimed.

"And then Roger here," he pointed at him. "Had the genius idea of letting go of his grip and was flailing his arms like a chicken and he fell forward, taking him down with me to the ground!"

Brian's POV

Freddie burst into laughter, joining John on the ground, both wheezing from laughing so much.

"Oh these men, they never grow up," I sighed.

"Should we head back now?"

"Yeah, besides, I've got news to tell you."

We made out way out of the studio, heading back home.

"So what's the news?"

"Not telling you until we get home."

"Oh please, not even a hint?"

"Nope, you have to wait."

"Please!"

"Okay, only one, it's good news for me, but I don't know about you."

"You're making me nervous." Roger said.

"Trust me, it's not that bad." I reassured him.

"Okay..."

Roger's POV

We were finally home. Brian had some news he wanted to tell me and I was dying to know what they were. The only part that concerned me was when he said, "Good news for me, but I don't know about you." Could it be bad? Hopefully it wasn't anything tragic. I sat on the bed, dreading the thought of it.

"So what did you want to tell me, Bri?" I piped out.

"Well, you know how I've always said I wanted to do some work in America?"

"Yeah."

"Over these past months, I've been planning loads and guess what? I'm finally going to be able to travel over there for business!"

"For how long?"

"Three months."

Three months... those words echoed in my head. For three months, I would have to be separated from him. I don't think I could last that long. The more it sunk in, the more intense the sting of those words became. Face dropped and I turned away, in an attempt to hide my real feelings about it to Brian.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, it's nothing..."

He put his hand on my shoulder, turning me to face him.

"Are you sure?"

"Y...yes."

"Rog, you can tell me the truth, there's no need to hide how you really feel about the situation, it's okay."

"I don't know, three months without you, I don't think I can go that long, I'm going to miss you."

He brought me closer to him and hugging me.

"It's going to be okay, I'm right here, that's what matters. I'm always with you, even when I'm not right next to you."

"I'm going to miss you so much."

"I'll call it off if you want."

"No, don't do that, you've been dreaming of this for so long, I'm not going to ruin it for you. I'm happy that you are going to live your dream.

"You're the best, what would I do without you!? You're understanding and perfect, I love everything about you."

"Aww, thanks."

"Don't worry, you have me for two more months before I go, let's make the most out of them."

"Yep, we shall."