Knocked Out

I rushed out of the room, I needed to be alone. I longed for it, only my emotions and I. As soon as I opened the door, fresh air from outside covered me. I didn't even care anymore. Grass crunched beneath my feet and I went across the grassfield and the double sided ledge, sitting one side of it. Birds chirped in the background and my lungs finally gave way, taking slow deep breaths, pulling myself together before I broke down again. 

That didn't stop the dark storm in my head from interfering. Whiny whore. I was right all this time, I was whiny, and a wuss too. It never came to my attention but now it did, I broke down easily and let tears go most of the time, I really was weak, but I didn't know that I was that  weak. 

If I cried at every single little thing, it showed that I had no self control. I have to fix that. No more crying for me. For now I would keep it in, no matter how hard it was, pounding my head, begging to be let out, eyes burning and heart aching, no tears. The ledge, where it all started. That day I had my break outside and Brian sat on the opposite edge, that's when it all happened. I asked him to come over to my house and that lead to us finding out about our feelings for each other. What if...All these what-ifs. If I never popped the question, I would've never gotten into this living hell. It all made sense now, without a doubt and there was one culprit responsible for all of this ever happening. Me. My fault, but this time...for my own suffering.

"Nice seeing you here, beautiful scene, isn't it?"

My heart skipped a beat and everything froze, body and mind turning blank, chills running down my back, those words haunted me. It was the exact same sentence he said the day he confessed. He remembered that day too.

I hopped off the ledge, turning around to the view of Brian, who stood in front of me.

"Why are you here!?" I screamed.

"Reasons."

"Out of my sight, now!"

He looked me over and laughed in my face.

"I don't think so!"

He swung his arm at me, headed right at my face. Instinct kicked in and I dodged the hit, whipping away last second. Rage built up inside of me, I had to give him what he deserved.

 I lunged myself onto him and latched in, pulling on his hair, scratching his face, digging my nails into his skin. Howls rang into my ears, but I didn't let go, wrapping my legs around him, slamming him into wall after wall, crashing into it. Bashing my back against it, but I didn't let go no matter how much my back ached from all the impacts. 

His hair stuck in my mouth, blocking my view and him scratching at my hands, leaving red, swollen engraving on them, stinging to no end. Roundness touch my fingertips and I pushed into them, his eyes. Screams shredded through his throat and echoed in my head, dizziness sprawling from it. He crashed into the wall and my bones cracked at the impact, scraping against it, becoming paralyzed and I let go, plunging onto the ground. Rocks dug into my skin and penetrated into it. Fire spread throughout my scrapes, but I got up. A fist came directly at me. Cold, static tingles surged into my head. Vision closed in, until eventually, darkness overtook everything.