56

Teyana -

I pulled up outside of Khalil's house hoping he wasn't upset. My grandma was sick so I had to go fly to Washington with my mom on such short notice & my phone just stopped working out of nowhere after the flight. I knocked on the door, hearing slow music blaring through Khalil's speakers. He wasn't gonna hear me. Doesn't this boy know he lives in an apartment? I shook my head & knocked again until I realized that the door was unlocked. I opened it slowly and went upstairs to see Khalil feeding Carter and dancing with Sariah at the same time. He looked worn out.

"Hey." I spoke.

He jumped.

"Shit." He said. "Where have you been? Is everything alright?" He stood up holding both kids. I took Carter from him and began kissing his cheeks.

"Yeah, look I'm sorry. My grandma got sick & I had to fly out, my phone stopped working too, I haven't had the money for a new one too busy paying you child support."

"Well as long as you're okay." He said, turning his attention back to Sariah.

"Daddy, I wanna go home."

"You are home." He said.

"Mommy said I can't be around TT no more because TT is mean to us."

"Mommy said that?" Khalil picked her up and looked at me.

She nodded and looked at me with a stank look.

"Don't be mean, Riah, I'm gonna call Mommy to get you."

"Ok." She said.

"Why are you letting her get her way?" I asked Khalil as he dialed a number into his phone.

"Because she can't be around you."

"I didn't cause her any harm." I said.

"This is what I told you would happen, you upset her mom now she can't be here when you are."

"Well my son lives here so she's gonna have to see me a lot."

"She's not & my daughter won't be around someone who thinks they come before her."

"Really Khalil?"

"I would never bring our son around someone if you didn't want? them around them."

He walked off with Sariah, calling Lauren.

*

Khalil -

"I'll bring her back Thursday." Lauren said.

"Alright." I kissed her on the cheek.

"Love you, bug." I said to Riah.

"Love you too, Daddy." She gave me a kiss then they left.

I stared at Lauren's ass, I keep thinking about her, a nigga be horny & I always feel like she's what I need.

"Well I'm gonna go." Teyana said.

"Here." I said, handing her the check back for child support, "get a new phone & then get a job."

"Alright." She took the check & walked out without saying goodbye.

I went back upstairs with my son.

"You're a sleepy baby, huh?" I rocked him back and forth, he's always sleeping or eating. Speaking of eating, I haven't all day. I grabbed my phone & texted Julissa to bring my son and some food. After about 30 minutes we were on the couch eating chipotle.

"Josiah was playing basketball all day." She said, staring at his sleeping face.

"So you got Julian teaching him how to play?" I looked at her.

"Yeah, he's really good." She smiled.

"Don't fuckin play with me."

"What?"

"If I'm a college player & I'm his FATHER. I teach him that shit."

"Okay, well I know you're really busy with your son, I just.."

"You want him to play daddy?"

"No, I -" She stood up.

"Are you pregnant?" I asked.

"No, I'm full I just ate." She said, I made a face and she threw say her trash.

"Can he stay tonight?" She asked, holding her hips.

"Sure." I said.

"I'm gonna go then, J should be home soon."

"Let yourself out." I mumbled, she walked out as I followed her to lock the door.

I sat down and sighed, looking at my sons.

I'm tired of being alone.