90

1 Year Later -

Khalil -

"Babe, I need my tie!" I exclaimed, looking in the mirror.

"Daddy, I found it." Josiah walked in my room and gave it to me.

He's actually been pretty good lately. After his mother passed he changed, he was very quiet, but like all people we just need our time. He's gotten into football now, I'm starting him off early and I plan to do the same with Carter.

"Thank you." I smiled, "where's Teyana?" I asked him.

We decided for him to just call Teyana... Teyana. He told me he doesn't want to call her mommy, because he still has a  mommy, she's just in a different place.

"Bathroom." Josiah said, walking out. I went into the bathroom, putting on my tie & saw Teyana wearing a burgundy strapless dress that fit her too well.

"Baby.." I locked the door to the bathroom, pulling my pants down.

"What ?" She focused on putting on her lipstick in the mirror, while I hiked up her dress.

"When do you think you'll be ready ?" I slid the tip inside of her. She looked up at me in the mirror & bit her lip.

"Khalilllll.." She moaned. "Later."

I pulled out and slid my fingers into her warmth as she continued her makeup.

"Baby, stop itttt."

"You look good, I wanna appreciate you." I pulled my fingers out and sucked her juices off of them. She smiled, pulling her dress down.

"You look so handsome, Khalil. Are all of the kids dressed ?" She walked out the bathroom as I washed my hands & fixed myself.

"Yeah, but we need to get a move on. Graduation is in 2 hours."

Over the summer, I piled on the classes. At first it was a way to escape everything I was going through, but then I realized being an African American in this society, the only way I can provide for my wife and kids is with a degree so I got all of my credits & today is the day that I graduate.

"I'm so proud of you." She said, picking up Kaia from the ground.

"Hi baby girl." I leaned into kiss her.

"Khalil no!" She blocked Kaia's face.

"What'd I do?"

"The bathroom!!"

"Oh shit." I smiled.

"Shit." Kaia laughed.

"Khalil !!" Teyana slapped my arm.

Kaia is almost one in a half years old and she's in her copycat phase. My baby girl is so beautiful, she reminds me of me. I put her down and she began tugging at my leg.

"Babe, cut that out." I picked her back up, walking into the bathroom again to brush my teeth.

"Daddy, will you brush my hair?" Sariah walked into the room with her insanely curly hair, soaking wet.

"Why didn't you blow dry it!?"

"I wanted it curly." Sariah looked at me.

"Ask Teyana." I spit into the sink, rinsing it out.

"You did Kaia's hair."

*

Khalil grabbed the brush from Sariah while holding Kaia in his other arm. He brushed her hair up into a slick, tight bun.