89

Omni -

"I don't wanna be rude, but I really gotta go. It's my sons birthday .. I just came to get Josiah  . We're going to Chuck-E-Cheese's." Khalil hesitated.

"Khalil, please."

"I just don't what to say to you, can I please have JoJo?"

"JoJo." She called for him.

"Yes?" He looked at her.

"You wanna go to Chuck-E-Cheese with daddy & your brother and sisters ?"

"Yes !!!!" He jumped up & hugged Khalil.

"You gotta put on your shoes." Khalil said, playing in Josiah's hair.

"Okay." He ran into the other room.

"Julissa you look terrible.. How are you doing for real?"

"I'm just tired, Khalil.. I don't think I can do this. I can't be a mother, I can't even take care of myself. I just need alone time."

"What do you mean you can't do this?" Khalil looked at her.

Teyana honked the horn three times, signaling she was ready to go.

"I want to hand over full custody to you.." She looked into his eyes.

"What does that mean? You're just gonna stop being a mother to him? What did he do to you?"

"Khalil, he didn't do anything .. I just.. It's personal, you wouldn't understand."

Khalil sucked his teeth and called for Josiah. He grabbed his hand and walked out.

"Please get help, Julissa... Tell mommy you love her JoJo."

"I love you." Josiah looked at her.

Julissa leaned In and kissed Josiah, with tears welling in her eyes.

"Mommy loves you too. Khalil, I love you so much." She looked up at him with an indescribable look in her eyes.

Khalil got a feeling in the pit of his stomach and cleared his throat.. "I- I love you too." They walked out and Khalil put Josiah in the car.

"What took so long ?" Teyana asked.

"I don't know, T.. I really don't." He sighed and pulled out of the driveway.

*

Julissa -

I closed the door & walked up the stairs, slowly pacing back and forth. I haven't been able to erase the memory in the back of my head..

Flashback -

I got out of the shower, wrapping a towel around me, walking into my room. I laid in bed alone staring blankly at the tv. Tonight Josiah is with his grandma. I've had a feeling in my stomach all day and I didn't want Josiah to be here to worry. Surely, I heard tapping downstairs and I knew something wasn't right. I sat up quickly and closed the blinds and locked my room door. This has been happening a lot lately, it makes me very anxious. As I finally calmed myself down, I closed my eyes to sleep and my door was kicked down. I sat up, only to be pushed back down & choked. I couldn't even scream. I kicked hard and gasped for air. The huge, manly hands unraveled from neck and slapped me.