Chapter 80

Ivy's POV

It was the next day of try outs, there were 5 finalists for my moms pick. 2 of which have a chance to join the team and one that has a chance to get a spot as a competitor for the scholarship. Me and Grayson happened to be one of the five.

I was 2nd last based on the alphabetical order of my last name. That meant Grayson was the last. I was confident that I was going to win this, but I really didn't want to. I love surfing but it's just something I do to relax myself and clear my thoughts, not for competing.

Grayson kept looking at me and I smiled at him. I knew this was hard for him, I know that he needed this, but he has two choices, football in La or Surfing here. Dylan has nothing except for surfing, if that spot gets taken away, then he has no future. He needed this!

He smiles back at me with guilt on his face. "Good luck." He whispers to me, "thanks" I say awkwardly. After the three surfers finished it was my turn, I did fine, Better than the other three, but I was so nervous and anxious about how this will affect Dylan and my relationship with Grayson that I didn't do as well as I hoped. I sigh as I came out of the water.

"Grayson show us what you got! Oh and Good job honey, that was amazing!" Mama smiles at me holding dearly to her clipboard. Once Grayson got out there we were all anxious to see how well he would do. I was watching with my arms crossed tightly, whilst chewing on my inner cheek.

He gets in the water, and begins to ride the wave slowly, then purposefully falls in the water, because he dove in. Why did he do that?

—————

Once Gray comes back from the water, he walks over to us. "Sorry, I guess you're going to have to go with someone else for the spot!" He shrugs to my mom. Then he smirks at me and I smile and sigh from relief letting my arms fall down. Everyone was happy and my mom looked concerned, "what's going on?" She asks and folds her arms. "Surfing isn't something that I worked my whole life for, football is, and if someone took my spot on the football team, who didn't work hard, someone who doesn't want it for the game but for a scholarship, I would be mad too. So uh Dylan I'm sorry, that wasn't right for me to do, I just really missed home and I would've done anything to be back. Even if that meant backstabbing a friend, which I regret, I'm so sorry" Grayson sighs and smiles at Dylan. Dylan shrugs with an adorable smile, then says "it's aight, I mean I wasn't even really threatened, you're like okay I guess" Dylan jokes and we chuckle. " I would hug you but you're wet and me and Lexi have a date night so! Yeah!" Dylan shrugs and walks away.

Once everyone leaves to go back inside, to wait for moms final decision on who gets the final spot out of the three contestants, me and Gray stay back on the beach.

"I'm sorry!" He smiles at me, "that was really sweet, what you did for Dylan!" I smile. "Yeah I meant, I'm kind like that!" He jokes and rolls his eyes playfully and I let a light chuckle come out. "So what's going to happen now? You're going to stay in LA?" I ask him. "No, LA isn't somewhere I can be without you or my twin brother. I missed you and E so much, I even started talking to photos of you guys. I was going insane being alone!" He sighs. "But what about the Scholarship?" I ask, "you realize The only reason I went to LA is for the Ivy League school, I hate playing football there, the team is just not like the one back home. I don't even know what I'm going to do in my future, I don't know what I want to be, I'm going to graduate in a year and I don't know who I am. It really sucks!" He says and tears form in his eyes.

"Ask me what I want to be!" I smile, and he looks at me confused. "Just ask!" I chuckle, "okay, what do you want to be when you grow up?" He asks, "see right there what you just said, 'when you grow up', you're not grown up yet babe. You still have a lot of shit you need to figure out, to see and experience. I have no idea what I want to be, all I know is I want to be something I love. Right now I have no idea what that is, I'm confused but so is everyone. Some people have it easy like Cindy, she has known all her life that music and acting were her passion. You have football, but that's not what you want to be an I completely get it." I smile and hold his hand. "It's really frustrating that the only thing I'm good can't be what I become." He says and wipes a way a tear.

"That's not the only thing you're good at! How about this, we're going away this summer with E right? I promise you that this summer we aren't just going to find your dad, but find you. Grayson Bailey Dolan, my boyfriend, a brother, a son, a friend, and most importantly the kindest most loving soul I have ever met. You'll see yourself the way I do and hopefully better, because you're so amazing!" I smile at him and he hugs me. "I love you!" He says. "I love you too!" I sigh.

He was extremely devestated. Everyone knew what they had set on for the future and they were completely lost. I lied, I knew what I was going to be, but that would have stressed him out even more. I would do anything for this boy, and I really hope he knows it.

"So you're coming back?" I say excitedly, "looks like it!" He says. "I'd have to fly to LA sometime this week and get all my stuff though!" He says. "Oh I just got an idea, why don't I go with you, it'll be a great excuse, we can use that as our get away!" I suggest. "Yes, we can finally have some time alone together, go on a date, maybe to the beach, shopping on melrose. Of course some make out sessions here and there" he smirks and put his arm around me.

"Maybe!" I smirk back.

————-

It took Some convincing but me and Grayson are aloud to go to LA by ourself without an adult chaperone. My mom didn't mind, but guess who did. Yeah, Nate. Something about teen pregnancy, and he literally even said to my mom, "have you seen Grayson?who knows how many stds this kid is packing. No LA equals no sex, and no sex equals no aids. Simple!" and me and Gray actually laughed so hard

"No sex equals no aids? How about no studying equals no good grades. That's something you seem to can't get through to your brain!" Mom scoffs at him and chuckles. "You're comparing your daughters health to my grades. This shit don't make no sense! They already did it once, who says they won't do it again!" Nate shrugs and moms jaw drops. "You guys did it?" Mom asks and me and Gray gulped then looked at Nate. "Oops!" He smirks, "Yeah but only once" I try to make the situation better.

"Or like fifty times." Grayson says making the situation even worse and I look at him with disappointment. He just shrugs and smirks at me. "Okay um well wow see, they did it, with no teen pregnancy and no std. turns out sometimes sex doesn't result horribly!" Mama pats Nate and he rolls his eyes at her. "Oh and mom, just so you know, Nate and Cindy are at it everyday, like every single day, and once their was a pregnancy scare. Just so you know" I smirk and mom looks at me then angry at Nate. "Seriously Nate?" She puts her hand in her hip.

"The last thing I need is another Nate running around the house, I can barely get through to the big one" she shakes her head. "Be safe, all of you, if I found out you got Cindy pregnant, or you got pregnant, I'll chop your head off. Like seriously, just chop it right off, right off, like completely off. Am I clear?" She smiles, "yes sir!" Nate says and I nod.

"Well Thanks for that douchebag!" Nate scoffs, "hey, don't be calling her names now!" Grayson jokes. "I wasn't talking to her, I'll be watching you like a hawk!" He says to Grayson and flips him off then leaves.

"Well that was not nice, I thought me and Nate were like best buds now" Grayson complains and puts his hand on his hip then shakes his head. I laughed at the way he said it. "So you excited to not get an std or pregnant this week?" He asks, "very!" I chuckle

_______________________________

Guys this book is almost done! I hate it now, like so much. Sorry!

Until next time, X