Chapter 65

Ivy's POV

After my hike with Gray, we went for food and then I drove back home.

I was opening the front door, and went in. I looked at my phone and saw a message from Gray, "love you, had an amazing day, don't sweat it about yours and Dylan's fight, I'm sure you guys will be fine!" He says and I smile

I looked up and saw Nate, Dylan, Lexi, Cindy and ... Aliah. Once I saw Aliah, I was shocked and my jaw dropped. I picked it back up again.

"So Ivy, How was your workout and surf?" Nate asks. "By the way, Guess who showed up... FOUR HOURS AGO!" Nate says. "Nate calm down" I say. "We never lie to each other, what the fuck has gotten into you?" He asks pissed off and then goes up. Cindy smiles at me and then heads up with Nate. "Hey lex, feel like watching Friends?" Aliah asks, "sounds like a plan" Lexi says. They both get out awkwardly.

"Why's he so mad?" I ask. "I don't know, but you really hurt his feelings." Dyl sighs. "But it's my life, I can go wherever I want without him knowing" I sigh. "Don't you get it? Sure it is your life and your business, but who has been in your life since you were born, who has basically made you a priority, raised his sister as if she was his daughter, not Grayson, Nate. And once you put a boy you met barely a year ago, a bigger priority than him, and Nate doesn't even have a clue about it, I can only imagine why he would be pissed. Wouldn't you be mad if Nate lied to you about Cindy, the best thing that ever happened to him, in his words." Dylan says.

"Yea But.." I try to say. "No buts Ivy, you're in the wrong, I covered for you, and I will keep doing that, but you need to tell Nate. You should've told Nate way before me and you know that! This kid treated you like his kid, been by your side through everything, even your breakup with Gray. He never left your side, ditched parties just so he could help battle your PTSD. And then you lie to him and ask why he is mad? Look no one's asking you to choose between Gray or what people who care about you say, but at least tell him, he deserves to know. He knows that you're hiding something from him,and he doesn't understand why you would!" Dylan says and then walks over to the living room.

———

I go upstairs to My room and shower then change.

I knock on Nate's room and Cindy opens the door. She smiles at me and leaves.

"Did I do something wrong?" Nate asks. "No you didn't.." I say. "Then why hide your relationship with Grayson from me?" He asks and I look at him confused. "I heard you and Dylan talking about it this morning when I was getting your gym card" he sighs. "Oh" I say and sit on the bed by his side.

"I invited Aliah over, so then at least you would have to tell me. But you were planning to lie your way through it, weren't you?" He asks and I sigh then nod. "Why tell Dylan and not me? He asks. "Because, you'd not be okay with me and Grayson" I say as tears form in my eye. "Ivy I'm happy that you're happy, and I just don't want you to be unhappy again because of that guy. When the therapist diagnosed you with PTSD, I was so sad. I never want to see you sad, after dad's death, that's exactly the way you were when you thought he cheated on you. That's something I promised myself, that I would never let happen again, but it did. So why be with him again?" He asks. "Because im in love with him. He never did anything wrong, it was all about what other people wanted, never about what we wanted." I say.

"Other people? That includes me doesn't it?" He asks. "No, it doesn't! you, mama and Cindy, were the only people in this world who were sooo soo supportive of me and Gray. That's why we are keeping it a secret!" I ask. "Even from me?" He sighs. "I wanted to tell you, so bad! It literally physically hurt me not to tell you, I just know how upset you'd be, but you don't have to. The only thing Bad about my relationship with Grayson was the amount of hate it received, but it can't get hate if no one knows about it. I was planning to tell you, but not before I made sure you wouldn't be mad like you are now!" I sigh.

"Ivy I'm not mad at that, you can date whoever you wish to date, that's not my call unfortunately, but I'm upset that you'd come to Dylan of all people instead of me, even if you thought I'd be mad. Not even that but to lie to me, and make me feel as if I'm irrelevant. I have been there for you every step of the way, helping you through whatever, and for nothing in return. " he says.

"Nate please don't overreact, me and Grayson literally just got together yesterday. I would never want to hurt you purposely, in fact I wanted to do the opposite. But I'm sorry for making you feel as if you aren't important in my life, because you are really important to me, that's why I was scared to tell you the most!" I smile. "So hug it out?" I smile.

"Fine, But I expect you to not tell anyone about your relationship" he smiles, "trust me, not going to make that mistake again!" I chuckle. "I think you have another apology to do" he says. "I know" I sigh.

——-

"Hey Dyl can I talk to you?" I ask as I see him cuddled up with Lexi. "Go" Lexi whispers and smiles

We walk outside to the beach.

"I'm sorry about what I said!" I say. "It's fine" he shrugs and walks off but I stop him. "No seriously, why are you so pissed about me dating Gray? You're even more mad than Nate, what has gotten into you?" I ask. He didn't even look at me. "Dyl..." I say but he stops me by ..... KISSING ME!

What the fuck was he doing? We are both dating someone, how can he do that to Lexi!!

I move away and walk away fast, "you should have of not done that!" I yell.

"Why? I mean just why?!!!" I ask and look at him!!

_______________________________
Until next time, X