Chapter 35

Ivy's POV

Today's the day, the last day with him, my other half, the guy version of me, the only person I feel comfortable talking with no matter what, someone I can pour my heart to, he's seriously an angel and I took him for granted, Nate Dickens why do you have to do this to me?

We were having a goodbye party, whilst Cindy was stressing out, and spending every minute with him, and mama couldn't be prouder of his accomplishments, I was completely devastated and I kept it all together so I wouldn't have to let him down or hold him back.

Honestly, even though we sometimes fight, he was my ray of sunshine. If anything ever happened to him, I don't think I would be able to live my life. Now thinking that he is leaving me? That shatters me!

Everyone was jumping up and down, cheering at the loud music that you could feel on your feet, the smell of alcohol hits your face as soon as you walk in. Honestly, I love to party, but I don't know some of these people, and neither does Nate. I wanted a genuinely nice goodbye party with his close friends and family. But whatever, this is who he is and I just have to live with that.

"Ayy! This..This is the best goodbye party.. EVER!" A drunk tipsy Nate shouts whilst standing on the table. Everyone cheers and Cindy just laughs at how tipsy he is.

Although I would love to see more of this, I needed a break, from the smell, and the obnoxious teenagers that cared only about themselves and how they're perceived in the eyes of others.

"Hey you alright?" Grayson says as I'm cutting up some apples. "Yeah, want some?" I say as I point at an apple. "An apple at a high school party, sure why not" he chuckles. "It's better than getting wasted and feeling shitty about yourself the next day" I shrug and then take my apples then sit on the couch.

"True" he says. He sits next to me and I began feeling my heart rate increase, beat by beat, I could hear it, like a drum. He came a little closer and suddenly his arms were around me, what the fuck? I looked at him and he smiles. "I'm kind of chilly" he chuckles, "huh" I state confused. This whole time he was reaching for a blanket!

"So you sleeping over?" I ask, "yea, Nate asked a couple of us to stay the night, don't know how he will even remember this night though" he says as we both look at Nate wobbling around drunk and making Cindy angry.

"So how are you feeling?"he ask, "okay I guess, I'm going to miss him a lot,but it's for a good thing, he is following his deadman's that's all that matters" I shrug.

"Well you can visit him, maybe roam around the city with him, get to know other places, there is a lose in the situation but a lot of positives, so just try to honk if the bright side"he smiles at me. I smile back and then watch as a drunk Zoe and Jacob go up the stairs. It doesn't hurt me, but I'm not going to lie it hurts because I want that with someone, and it's someone I can't have.

"You could do better, plus he farts in his sleep" Grayson smirks. I chuckle at him trying to feel better. "I'm pretty sure that's not true" I say. I look at the party, this is just not my type of thing, I would rather be sober, and have fun, so I won't regret it the next morning.

I get up and pull Grayson's hand. "Woah, where we going?" He asks. "Just wait" I say. I get in my car and signal him to get in it as well. "Okay" he shrugs.

I drive fast and open up a song, 'pumped up kids', I begin singing a long to the loud music and he just stares at me. "You gonna song or what!" I shout, he begins quietly singing a long. "I can't hear you!" I yell, he laughs, my top was off so the wind and the loud music made a great combination for this night. I drive faster, and he screams. "Careful!!" He screams, I suddenly stop and he looks at me. "We are here!" I say and get out then bite my lip.