TheRemnant: In The Beginning (An Original manga/anime)

Supernatural/Action/Adventure

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." (Ephesians 6:12) New International Version

The screen is black and a young girl speaks with fear and doubt in her voice, "When you cry for help, no one seems to notice. You hope they see your tear-stained face, you hope they see through your counterfeit smile, and you hope they find the scars, the fresh cuts and wounds on your mutilated wrists, but they don't. They told me that God does; that God sees all of my sorrow and pain, so I turned to him." Disgusted Scoff "But then I realized that God...was a made up work of fiction; he was just as false as my plastic smile."

SCENE ONE: BATHROOM
The darkness fades away and opens up with a bathroom scene. The bathtub is filling up with steaming hot water.

There is a shiny, powder blue marble floor with a pool of fresh blood on it.

The camera slowly travels up to reveal a soft limp hand with blood trickling down it. The droplets fall into the pool of blood that has already formed. As the camera continues to climb up it reveals a petite wrist that is slashed vertically and horizontally. There are also faded scars below the fresh, major cut. A teenage girl holds a silver razor in her right hand; she drops the razor and it hits the floor dramatically in slow motion. She is slumped on the toilet seat lifelessly. A small cross necklace hangs from around her neck.

 A small cross necklace hangs from around her neck

SCENE TWO:
Blaring ambulance sirens fill the air. A red and white ambulance truck is parked in front of a two-story house. The house is painted off-white and has a porch. There is a dark brown welcome mat in front of the door; the mat reads, "May all who enter be blessed."

Two white men wearing white uniforms work together as they push and pull a loaded gurney out of the front door of the house. Both of their faces are darkened and blurred out.

The girl on the gurney is Japanese. Her green eyes are halfway-open and dimmed; her long black hair is pulled back into a ponytail and she has long bangs matted to her forehead by sweat and water. Her left wrist is wrapped in thick gauze, however, blood seeps through it.

Curious neighbors flood the area and surround the house, their faces are also darkened and hidden.

The Japanese girl closes her eyes all the way as the scene fades out.

BOOK ONE, CHAPTER 1: IN THE BEGINNING
(GENESIS 12:1)
"Now the LORD had said....get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee." KING JAMES VERSION

SCENE THREE: PRESENT, HANEDA AIRPORT (TOKYO, JAPAN) 2013