42.

Jimin's POV:

It was quiet as we walked up to the long laneway that was decorated with flowers.

It was an eerie sad feeling that lingered in the air, putting everyone's mood down.

Step by step.

Step by step.

Marching on.

Marching on the path of the living.

Having the privilege that seemed so natural, until it split with someone.

It was weird when a path suddenly ended.

You couldn't help, but waver in your steps and stare at the cut of way right next to you.

It ended in darkness.

And yes, maybe I didn't know her.

But death itself was grave enough to care.

She somehow belonged to my live. And more importantly, without her, my way wouldn't even exist.

I wouldn't even exist.

I shook me in my grounds. It shook my principles.

It let me grow up a bit more, being forced to accept something so finite. Something you can't paint colorful or change the storyline if you didn't like it.

It ended a childlike imagination.

Because she was gone and nothing could change that.

And the glum atmosphere didn't change that. Everything seemed dark, and the idea got underlined with all the black clothing and suits.

It was seriously depressing and I decided that I didn't want that, if I would die one day.

I wanted colors and smiling faces, celebrating the live that I was able to live.

An anthem to my persona.

"What are you thinking, Jiminie?" Hoseok asked in a low whisper, leaning closer to me.

My eyes met his.

"Isnt it weird?" I asked, meeting his confused gaze.

"How a dead can affect anybody this much, but live still goes on, even though she was the reason some of us are able to breathe and experience?" I tilted my head and his expressions grew concerned.

"Don't... don't" he started, ran out of words and grew silent once again, pondering his next steps.

"It's fine" I whispered, reaching out for his skinny hand, taking it in mine and squeezing it.

He held it tightly. Not letting it go.

His silent commitment to me. His silent sign that he cared more than he could express and his promise, to be there for me, to catch me with every wavering step I took, putting me back on the right track and pulling me along.

A sad smile adored my face, as I glanced down at our linked hands, and then wandered over to Jungkookie, who seemed rather disturbed, staying close to Appa Jin, who was gulping and whose eyes were teary.

At home, there had been a huge debate, if Appa Joon, Yoongi, Hoseok and Tae should tag along. Considering that my grandma didn't like them and wasn't okay with them being part of our family.

Appa Jin argued, that it basically was her last wish.

Appa Joon dejectedly asked if he wanted to break up with him then. It was terrifying for me and my brothers. I never felt this scared in my entire life, especially at the eternal silence that followed after his quiet question.