Chapter 31

"You're coming back to California Ansley. This shouldn't even be an argument."

"Dad I'm fine Chris can take care of me its just for another few week."

"No."

"Well, you can't force me to get on a plane with you."

Nash was walking into the room and the door slammed pretty loudly behind him. He made a face and went to turn back around.

"Nash can you come here for a minute."

"I mean I don't want to intrude."

My Dad and I both gave him a warning look. He set my bagel down next to the bed on the table and crossed his arms.

"Tell Ansley that you're also going home."

"Actually, if it is all right I was planning to stay. We were all cleared and after talking to my mother she said it was fine."

He didn't look happy with Nash's answer as he turned back to me.

"Ansley I need to go back to work."

"And you can and Chris and I will stay here like we have been for the last few weeks. We were doing fine on our own this was just a stupid mistake that we won't allow to happen again."

His hand brushed over his face and he sighed. Nash looked back and forth at our exchange of silence.

"Okay. Fine."

"Yeah thank you so much."

"One condition."

"Anything name it."

"None of this bullshit. No parties or alcohol. Nothing that could end you back here. If you do, no Cape next summer, no phone, and no boyfriends."

"Promise I promise!"

"I will keep her out of trouble."

"I'm sure you will."

Later that night I was cleared to go home and I checked out. My dad had a late flight so Chris him and I got dinner together in Boston then said our goodbyes. Currently we were forty-five minutes from Harwich.

My earphones sung a melody into my head that i hummed along to. I watched as the trees and other cars flew by every now and then we would see water and the glow of the moon was amazing to watch. I tapped my foot along to the song Monster by Meg and Dia.

"Monster how should I feel creatures lye here looking through the window.." I quietly sung along.

The beat of the song wavered and then came to a stop. My phone shuffled a new song playing in my head. I yawned, unintentionally popping my ears.

"Tired?" Chris questioned.

"Yeah its been a long few days."

"Week and a day."

"Oh yeah, sorry still fuzzy."

"What is the date?"

"Its August fourteenth."

"When do you think I am well enough recovered to attend a party?"

"Ansley.."

"What? This accident isn't destroying my social life."

"Don't push it Pansy, you don't need long lasting consequences."

"So I was thinking before the guys leave we go to a party."

"Gwen said Aidan was planning to host an end of summer bash anyway. We will only go for a few hours and if anything starts hurting I will tell you and we could leave. Okay?"