Chapter 22

"I'm Mahogany. It's nice to meet you."

Chris was going around introducing Sam to our new friends well John and I had a side conversation.

"So you and Mahogany."

"Nope."

"What really. I'm sorry."

"Its fine we talked it over. We don't want a long distance relationship."

"Yeah I know what you mean. Awe you teo would of been cute together."

"Thanks Ans. Why is Sam here?"

"He wanted to spend the rest of the summer with us."

"Nash's take on it?"

"He will probably move into my room so Sam stays out."

"I wouldn't want my girlfriend living with another guy either."

"I live with Chris."

That's different and you know that."

"Yeah whatever."

"When do they come back?"

"Tuesday the fifth. So three more days."

"Nice I'm going to go in the pool want to come with?"

"Ocean first?"

"Yeah I will come."

We walked down to the ocean grabbing towels from the tiki hut. Mahogany, Matt, Taylor, Arron, Sam, and Gwen joined us. The sand was very shelly and every once and a while a pice of shell stabbed me making me limp a little till I hit another one. I took my shorts off leaving me in a mint bikini. I put my long hair into a bun and Sam and I raced in. Gwen behind us. I dove into a wave Sam now chasing me.

"I give!" I shouted panting as I stood up my lung heaving in and out oxygen.

"You know what that means."

Sam swooped his hand deep into the water and pulled out a handful of wet sand it dripping out of his hands making the water smokier.

"No!" I shrieked running through the water as fast as I could.

I only got five feet away when the umpfh of sand hit my back splattering. I tuned around taking my hand to my face rubbing some sand off.

"You're going to get it. Better ran Wilkinson."

"Try to hit me Collins." I swooped my hand down filling it with sand and ran at him.

He didn't move and right when I realized my hand full of sand he ducked and it hit John square in the face.

"Opps." I muttered as he whipped the sand from around his eyes and spit a mouthful of sand out.

He tried to throw some back but I unintentionally ducked from laughing. And he hit the back of Mahogany's head and the left side of Aaron's face.

They wiped towards us and thats how it started an all out sand war.

I plunged my hand back down into the water scooping up sand into both of my hands. I threw the sand at Taylor and Cassidy laughing until I got hit in the side of the face.

"That wasnt-" John and Chris both piled sand into my hair. "Okay yep im done."

That is now going to leave me with sand in my scalp for the rest of the summer.

"Well that was fun." Taylor said shaking out his hair pieces of sand going everywhere.

"I have like three pounds of sand in my hair." mahogany announced looking unhappy.

"Now to the pool?" John questioned coming up besides me.

"Yes. Now to the pool."

We ran up the board walk dodging people and soon we all high school musical jumped it into the pool. As soon as we found the basket ball we had divided ourselves into two teams and were drowning each other well trying to shoot baskets. Some of the life guards had to yell at the smaller kids for copying us splashing at each other. But as long as I was there they wouldn't call out us.

"Stop splashing!" A lifeguard yelled over our basket ball game.

"Pass it here!"

I got onto Sam's shoulders as someone passed us the ball he handed it to me and walked me to the basket and i dropped it in. We put our arms up in victory as I fell off his back. Matt declared that we won the game and we all got out of the pool.

Later that day after tanning and going home to get changed we all made plans along with Chris, Kevin, Cassidy, Claire, and Hannah to go to the movie to watch the movie jaws planning at a local theater in Chatham.

I put on jean shorts and a plain maroon top with some converse. I tried scraping sand out of my scalp in the shower but I didn't get even nearly half of whats there out.

There was a knock on my door and then in walked Mahogany.

"Do you mind if I ride with you guys."

"Not at all." Chris answered grabbing the car keys off the counter.

"Great. I'm ready to go when you guys are."

"Sam come on lets go!" I yelled and then sam jogged down the hall.

We all got into Chris's car and sung along to the radio as we drove to Chatham to meet with every one else. We bought all of our tickets and raided the snack bar. Buckets of overflowing popcorn and enough candy to keep us well fed for a week and all we walked into the theater picking seats. I was sat between Sam and John my feet up on Mahogany's seat in front of me.

The movie would of been more enjoyable if i wasn't sitting in between these two. John would say a random fact and then Sam would shush him.

"The girl was screaming from real pain the harness broke her pelvis."

"Oh thats-"

"Shhhh."

I threw a handful of popcorn in Sam's direction earning me m&ms to the face. I threw my arm back hitting him. Then he flicked me turning to him I pinched sam's arm causing him to yelp.

"Would you two stop!" Chris harshly whispered.

"God." We both sunk down in our seats.

"Okay mom." I rolled my eyes.

*

**

***

**

*

"That was an amazing movie. I mean like wow."

"Hey Aaron?"

"Yeah."

"Shh."

"Eyy you're catching on." Sam said swigging his arm around me.

The elevator doors opened and Aaron got off. Next we got

Off at our floor.

"Ansley?"

"Nash?!"

"Who's this?"

"Im backing off."

"Shit just got real."

"Shh."