Chapter 19

"You miss him already?" Aaron asked giving me a look. "He left yesterday."

A week and a day had gone by since I met with my old mother. And Nash had asked if I wanted to spend the week in California with Carter Cameron Hayes and him well they picked out an apartment. I declined after Chris reminded me we had signed up to work at the ice cream shop that Aidan and Gwen were opening. Thinking of that we all remembered back to the first night the guys were here and they threw an amazing party at their house. Gwen Cassidy Hannah Claire and I were back to summer friends them choosing my side over Maddie's. Mahogany got back two days ago picking up where she left off. I was now sitting with them Aaron Kevin and John eating lunch at Wychmere. Matt, Mahogany, and Taylor were in the pool when I last saw them.

"Yeah? Can't I miss my boyfriend."

"No. Focus on life I can't believe you aren't single hooking up with random guys its summer break." Cassidy countered.

"Solid point but i like him."

"No shit." John rolled his eyes.

"Eat your food stop bugging her. I wish i wasn't single right now." Claire sighed.

"Uh you aren't." Kevin announced flicking a fry at her.

"Babe you know I was kidding." She nervously laughed.

"So John when you planning on asking out Mahogany?" At the bluntness of Cassidy he almost drenched the table in a Cranberry Cooler.

"Uh.." He became a shade of red staring daggers at Cat.

"What?" Half the table questioned.

"On a date." He rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah I want to see if I have a chance before school starts up."

"Awe thats cute." Hannah said.

"What is?" Gwen asked re-joining the conversation.

"John has a crush on Mahogany." Aaron explained

"Oh thats adorable."

"Im flattered." Mahogany stood behind me drying her hair.

"Oh uh th-they were joking ki-kidding around. Bye." John sprinted out off the boardwalk and didn't stop.

"Oh my god should I go after him?" Mahogany questioned looking horrified.

"Hes cool he will get over how embarrassed he is." I explained

I shoved another fork full of the caesar salad into my mouth as Mahogany pulled over another chair. And everyone went into their own conversation. Taylor and Matt came over a few minutes after Mahogany. Taylor talking to Natalie who honestly was a perfect match for him. It was a total player meets player situation. Matt and Gwen also have a summer fling going on. August was right around the corner and I could honestly say this summer was one of the best I have ever had.

"Hows the boyfriend?" Mahogany said taking a piece of carrot out off a plate in front of her.

"Really well. I mean he probably isn't 'the one' but the summer fling is going to end before I go back to school. We will be in different states."

"I don't know about that."

"What do you mean?"

"Nash was trying to convince Cameron to check out apartments in California."

"He told me they were set on New York."

"I don't think they are anymore. Their main meeting aren't in New York they are in L.A"