Chapter 21

“Matt! Come on you can go through the back door.” Mahogany grabbed Matt pulling him away from me. 

The disappointment on his face as clear as day. Aidan got tons of more customers and thanked me for it and I ended up winning the tip war against Chris. But somehow I still felt completely terrible for what I did. 

We got home around one in the morning after clean up. Mahogany had warned me about how crazy some people were and that now that they knew where Matt was there would be more of them circling till they found him. 

“He will get over it.” Chris said leaning his arm out the window. “He has no reason to be mad at you.” “Ans?” 

“Yeah I know.”

“Don’t beat yourself up about it kid. You have nothing to worry about I have your back. You might be annoying but I will knock anyone out with the word.”

“What word?”

“We will have a code word for when you want me to punch someone. What should it be?”

“Jesus.”

“What?”

“Our new code word is the big JC.”

“You’re so weird.” 

“Yes you are.”

“Thanks.” 

“No problem brosif.” I smiled at him.

He gave me a weird look and then we went back to silence. 

“I’m home!” I shouted into the empty apartment. 

“You’re so loud.”

“And your a dick.”

“So polite.”

“I know I am.” 

“I’m going to bed.” 

“Night.”

“Night.” 

The house phone rang and Chris looked back. 

“I will get it.”

“Thanks, if it is dad tell him I say hey.”

“Will do.” 

I picked up the phone putting it to my ear.