Chapter 26

I slightly tilted into Claire well laughing. We rounded the corner walking out of fro yo. The song "Every Tear Drop is a Water Fall" by Coldplay rang through the air.

A boy with dark hair played a guitar a girl in front of him singing. A few people stood around.

"This is one of my favorite songs." I announced turning to Mahogany.

"What's your favorite?" Claire asked.

"I Will be There by Odessa."

"Great song."

I turned as the girl stopped singing and looked back to the dark haired boy. She turned back and the the melody started.

Mahogany laughed grabbing my forearm. I smiled taking a ten out of my wallet placing it into the guitar case at her feet.

We kept walking down towards the church. The sidewalks were over crowded with people we stepped on and off them walking around people.

We sat down at a table set up outside the church. I took a bite of my burger as Mahogany looked up from her phone.

"Just got an email about school being right around the corner."

"That's it." Hannah grabbed our attention. "No more talking about school."

"Yeah I second that." I voiced.

"Then we will make a pact no more school talk."

"New topic?" I asked.

"Boys?" Hannah asked.

"I'm still single." Mahogany sighed putting her head on her hand.

"You're what fifteen? You have time." Hannah answered.

"What are we going to do for these last few weeks of summer?"

"Well I guess Mahogany and I have to now finish the prank war we started."

"How do you think they are going to get us back?"

"Something stupid and fixable."

"Prank war?"

"Yeah we started it early today. Me and Ans dyed their hair different colors, then made it seem as if it was all Matt."

"Sounds fun."

"It was, when we thought there was noway they could get us back or figure out it was us."

"What should our next prank be?"

"Oh don't worry I have something amazing planed."

*

**

***

**

*

Mahogany ended up starting to draw more attention to who she was as time went on.

"Lox, I would hate for you to cover the dress but you need a hoodie and some large sunglasses."

"Just point to the store and I will follow."

We walked all the way past the small shops and to the CVS at the fork.

I walked with Mahogany to the sunglasses stand. And she started trying a few pairs on. She picked out a big brimmed black tinted pair.

The guy behind the register looked up and we made eye contact.

"Oh hey, I saw you preforming. You and that girl were really good." He smiled as someone came up behind us.