Detention

Moon's POV

So, has it ever happened to you that you were dragged into sharing the blame with someone for doing something, even if you had nothing to do with whatever stupid thing they got in trouble for? Or in other words, unfairly being punished for something that was completely someone else's fault. Or in other other words, getting in trouble for simply being there when someone was doing something dumb.

3rd Person POV

"Hey, are you bored?" Qibli whispered to Moon that day in history.

As usual, Webs was droning on and on about something that could easily be explained in a few sentences. It had already been half an hour and he was still trying to explain who George Washington was.

Was he mistaking them for third graders? Who doesn't know George Washington? And it shouldn't take half a period to explain who he is.

Moon stared at Qibli like the answer was on her face. "Duh," She said anyways.

Qibli's grin grew wider, a mischievous glint to his eyes. "Well, things are about to get interesting."

Moon's eyes widened in horror.  "Qibli?"

He raised his eyebrows. "Hmm?"

"What did you do?" Moon asked cautiously.

"Whoopee cushions and stink bombs." (did anyone else not know how to spell 'whoopee' until now? cause i didn't)

Moon's eyebrows shot up. "You, made a stink bomb?"

"Woah there oompa loompa!"  Qibli said. Moon tried hard not to laugh at his choice of words. "Despite my habit of doing some pretty idiotic things sometimes, let's not forget I'm a straight A student and I just so happen to have the brains of...Whatever smart creature you can think of." He finished with a cocky grin.

Moon rolled her eyes. "You'd better not have done something dumb."

Qibli shrugged. "Since when do I not?"  he smiled wider. "It's happening!"

Moon brought her attention back to the front of the class, just in time to see Webs sit in his desk chair and make an obnoxiously LOUD fart sound, followed by a suffocating stench that made the whole class cough and gag.

Well except Summer, who was in the back of the class, thumbing away on her phone. Again.

Webs immediately stood up. "Who did that!"

Someone from the back of the class answered. "Um, I think we all know that was you."

Webs's face reddened in anger, which was extremely rare.

"I mean," Webs continued. "Who pulled that immature jape on me in the middle of class!"

Qibli shamelessly raised his hand. "Sorry," He said, his tone totally betraying his words. "I just wanted to see if you'd like... have a reaction. Y'know cause you never show any emotion other than boredom. Just making sure you had others."

Moon stared at him and mouthed the words 'what the hell?'. That was definitely going to land him in detention.

"Qibli, that's detention for you!" Webs scolded.

Called it.

There we go. Qibli managed to piss off the most boring, easy-going teacher in the school.

Despite the fact that he was being sent to detention after school, Qibli's smile never faded.

Moon sighed. "Do you expect me to get detention now to 'keep you company'?" She asked him.