Math just isn't fun

❤️❤️❤️

Photograph - Jaden 

Hi babes~

This is probably gonna be kinda weird but I basically need it for a rly cute ending that I like literally just came up with so like, bear (bare? idk) with me.

~~~

Moon's POV

It's literally the last week of school and Kestrel really seems to be in a worse mood than usual. It's like she misses yelling at us over break so she takes advantage of the last few days to make math a living hell for everyone.

~3rd Person ~

"Why does she feel the need to punish us a week before break?" Kinkajou whined as she and her friends made their way out of Kestrel's class, their last class of the day. "Like, don't they know that in the last week before winter break most people's brains are already shut off? Like hello! I can't do all this! I just wanna stay in my pjs all day and watch stupid movies! Who has time for homework?! Ughhhh I literally just wanna fight Kestrel sometimes. Like just take her head and smush it until—"

"Maybe stop there?" Summer suggested, cutting her off. "I don't wanna be on a suspect list if she ends up dead tomorrow."

Moon secretly agreed with everything Kinkajou had said, but she didn't say so.

"I just want it to be Christmas already." She said instead.

"Turtle!" Kinkajou called suddenly, her entire demeanor changing as she rushed forwards and jumped at him. He staggered back a few steps, but regained his balance and wrapped his arms around her.

"You guys are so lucky you don't have math last period." Summer sighed.

"I know right?!" Kinkajou interjected. "Like sorry I was a little late to submit my extra curriculars form! Who's thinking about classes during summer vacation?"

Every year, a few weeks before school started the school sent out a form to each student, asking if they wanted to do an extra curricular class like art or design and which one they would choose, and since Summer and Moon were both new, they didn't get the form and Kinkajou being Kinkajou had just forgotten about it until the day before school started. So now, all the extra classes were full, so they had a math period while everyone who'd signed up could enjoy their extra class. Which was basically just a free block.

"Four weeks isn't exactly what most people would consider a little." Qibli said as he slid an arm around Moon, who was tiredly rubbing her forehead.

"I really really hate you sometimes." Kinkajou shot back, glaring at him over Turtle's shoulder.

~~~

"Thorn?" Qibli called as he opened the door to his house. "Are you home?"

"Yeah, we're in the kitchen!" Qibli's adoptive mother called back.

Qibli and Moon shared a confused glance.

We?

Qibli laced his fingers through Moon's before leading her towards his kitchen, and had to bite his lip to stop himself from groaning as he noticed the tall, sandy haired man talking to his mother.

Thorn turned to Qibli as he entered, and beamed at Moon. "Hey Moon, I was wondering when I'd get to see you again."

Moon smiled politely at her, then shifted her gaze to the guy Qibli seemed to have a problem with. "Umm..."

"Oh right!" Thorn said, as if she'd forgotten he was there. "Moon, this is Smolder, one of my friends from work."

Qibli snorted at that, but Smolder pretended not to notice as he made his way over and grinned at Thorn. "I was wondering when you guys were going to acknowledge me." He teased, before turning to Moon and Qibli.