It's Official!!!

Boyfriend - Ariana Grande

3rd person POV

"Hey Thorn! I'm back from detention!" Qibli called bluntly as he opened the front door to his house.

Moon shook her head. How can he just have no shame?

"What took you so long!" Qibli's mother, Thorn asked as she made her way to greet them.

"Hey, Moon and I were being so good during detention, that Kestrel wanted to let us go early." Qibli said with the same high-pitched child voice from before. He continued in his normal voice. "But then some unknown person that I think goes to our school--he was really good-looking by the way and was in for pulling a 'childish jape' on his history teacher--wouldn't stop arguing with her and wasted everyone's precious detention time."  He finished, batting his eyelashes innocently.

Thorn gave her son a pointed look before turning to Moon. "Hi Moon, how are you? I haven't seen you in a while,  but Qibli here talks about you all the time."

"He talks about me?" Moon regretted the words as soon as they left her mouth. She didn't want to sound desperate.

Luckily, she was saved by another voice coming from another room.  "Thorn? Are they home? I'll be right there!"

Well, not-so-luckily, that voice happened to belong to her mother.

Secretkeeper rushed over to them. "Hey guys, in case you're wondering why I'm here, I ran into Thorn at her pool and we started talking and... Yeah. So, how was your day?"

Moon raised  a brow. "Who even asks that any more? Don't you know those are the four words kids hate the most?"

Secretkeeper laughed. "Teenagers. With you, everything's 'uncool'" she said the word 'uncool' in air quotes.

Qibli grinned. "No one uses that word anymore. And it's not our fault you guys can't keep up."

He propped his elbow on Moon's head.

"Hey! No!" Moon swatted his hand away. "Would you enjoy it if someone just comes up to you and is like--" She stood on the tip of her tippy toes and reached for Qibli's head with her elbow, but obviously was too short to reach.

Qibli laughed. "Not quite there yet."

When Moon finally lowered her arm with a huff, Qibli wrapped an arm around her waist.

"Don't worry Moon," Thorn said. "I haven't been able to reach since he was thirteen."

Qibli scoffed. "You guys are all just short. I'm completely normal."

"Oh I wouldn't say completely." Thorn mumbled.

"What was that?" Qibli asked his mother.

"Nothing, nothing. Why don't you two go have fun!"

"Alright, well we have homework to do, so we'll be upstairs if someone's clothes catch fire."

Moon wove her fingers through Qibli's free hand as he led her to the stairs.

~~~

Moon felt Qibli's eyes on her from his spot at his desk.

"Finish your homework first. We can talk later." She said.

"I'm already done." Qibli answered, putting down the pencil he'd been fiddling with.

"Oh," Moon said, closing the book she'd been reading and lifting herself to a seated position on Qibli's bed. "What's up?" She asked.