YOU HAVE A DATE?!

Moon's POV

Ok, so we have this huge math exam coming up in like three weeks. I know that seems like a lot, but I'm FREAKING out!

Days till dance: 2

3rd Person POV

"No no no! That's not right!" Moon said to herself. She pressed her hands against her head as if trying to squeeze out the answer to the math equation she was trying to solve.

She had a free period to get a head start on homework, and she'd decided to study for her upcoming math exam.

"You multiply the fractions... then you carry the decimal-- wait what? What decimal?!" She mumbled in confusion.

"Oh, yeah I just needa..." She paused, trying to figure out what she was missing.

"You forgot to carry the two." Someone said from behind her, making her jump.

She could recognize that voice anywhere.

"Qibli!" She turned. "When did you get here?"

"I've been here for almost ten minutes." He said, glancing at his phone then slipping it back into his pocket.

"Oh." Moon felt her cheeks warm. "Sorry I didn't see you! Why didn't you say anything?"

"I did."

"What?!"

Qibli laughed. "Yeah, you didn't hear me until I mentioned math."

Moon sighed. "Sorry."

Qibli sat beside her. "Don't worry about it." He assured her.

"Thanks. I just can't get this right!" She gestured to her math book on the courtyard table in front of her. "The exam is in less than a month, and I'm already behind, and I have NO clue whatsoever this is and--"

She let out a sigh of frustration and reached for her pencil. Qibli put his hand on top of hers, stopping her from getting the pencil.

She looked at him.

"Moon. You need to relax. Like, A lot."

She cocked an eyebrow, waiting for him to continue. She'd decided to try to keep her emotions under control to avoid making things awkward, but had to kiss that plan goodbye as Qibli wrapped his fingers around hers, making butterflies take over her stomach.

"Hey, when was the last time you did something... fun." He asked her.

Moon furrowed her brows, searching her memories.

"Um... Last week we... we all went to your house! That was fun." She said

Qibli chuckled. "That was to study."

Moon let out a tiny laugh. "Fine, just tell me where you're going with this."

Qibli stared at their hands for a moment. Moon hadn't really realized until now that they were technically holding hands, and it made her blush. Thank god Qibli wasn't looking at her face.

"I was wondering maybe if you wanted to... you know, do something, or go somewhere after school?" He said, looking back at her. "It'll help get your mind off the exam for a while."

Moon smiled at the thought of she and Qibli spending time together out of school. But still, she had to ask. "Where?"

"Oh, I don't know, You're new here right? I can show you around the city." He said.

"Yeah," Moon smiled. "That would be nice."

"So, after school?" He grinned.

"Oh I'm so sorry but I told my mom I'd help her take care of a few things at home. How 'bout you pick me up at four?" Moon said.

"Fine by me."

"Is there something going on between you two we should know about?"

Qibli and Moon turned around to see that Kinkajou had just walked in with Winter and Turtle. She raised an amused brow.

Qibli quickly dropped Moon's hand.

"No." He said.

Kinkajou winked at Moon. Clearly, she knew what was going on.

Moon shyly smiled at her rainbow haired friend.

~~~

"Ooh, You have a date?" Secretkeeper asked her daughter later that day when She and Moon were organizing their house a bit.

"Mom, It's not a date." Moon said "We're just friends and he just wants to show me around."

"Sounds like a date to me." Secretkeeper said with a smile

Moon rolled her eyes. "Did he hold your hand?" Secretkeeper pressed.

Moon blushed. "Maybe?"

Secretkeeper beamed. "Was he stuttering?"

Moon nodded. "Well, he stuttered once. You know Qibli. He's the go-with-the-flow kinda guy. He doesn't stutter." She explained.

"Did he kinda look away when he was asking you then back at you to see your reaction?" Secretkeeper asked.

"How do you know all this stuff?" Moon asked her mother.

"Hey, I was your age once. Now answer my question."

Moon nodded once, making Secretkeeper beam, once again.

"He totally likes you." She said, sounding way too much like Kinkajou.

"That's what Kinkajou says." Moon said with a shrug.

"See? I'm not the only one." Secretkeeper grinned at her. "Do you like him back? He's pretty cute."

"Oh. My God." Moon said. She looked at the time. "It's almost four. I needa go get ready."

Moon ran up the stairs before her mother could ask any more embarrassing questions about her love life. She quickly took a shower and threw on an outfit that didn't smell like air freshener, before making her way downstairs and peeking her head out the window, just in time to see Qibli pull his motorcycle into her driveway.

"Bye Mom!" Moon called

"Bye Moon have fun." Secretkeeper said, coming out of the kitchen and hugging her daughter. "Tell me when he kisses you. It'd better be soon or else I'm gonna start wondering if he's good enough for you."

Moon rolled her eyes. "Bye." She said going out the door.

~~~

~Maya B. 🖤