Unfair

Who else misses X? He's forever in my heart.  💔😭😭

Changes - XXXTENTACION

Turtle POV (3rd person)

School was over.

Turtle knew most people would be exited about the end of school every day, but he wasn't. The end of school, meant time to go home. What's so wrong with that, you may be wondering. To Turtle, home had never felt like home. His mother and sister, Anemone, had a strong dislike for him for some reason that was still a mystery to Turtle. Therefore, whenever he was around them, he felt nothing but miserable and alone. He had one other--much younger--sister, Auklet, who was always a joy to be around though. But she was five years old, and had just started kindergarten. So not exactly someone Turtle could really talk to.

Tsunami was nice, but she was rarely around due to her busy schedule as swimmer/lifeguard/high school student/friend/girlfriend. Which meant Turtle was stuck with Anemone and Coral.

Actually, his mother didn't exactly hate him, but it was quite obvious she preferred his sisters over him, which was annoying at times.

"Bye!" Turtle called to his friends as he walked over to where his mother usually parked her car.

He was about to hop into the passenger seat next to his mom, --Why? She doesn't even like me-- but his sister Anemone came running towards him at full speed.

"I CALL SHOTGUN!" she called, shoving Turtle away from the door. She was a sassy, stubborn fourteen year old freshman who acted as though the world revolved around her and only her.

"You know, you didn't need to push me." Turtle said, getting into the back seat.

"Turtle!" His mother, Coral said sternly. "What kind of attitude is that?! Apologize to your sister right now!"

"Sorry" Turtle mumbled, not making any effort to hide the sarcasm in his tone.

"Anemone sweetie, are you okay?" Coral asked feeling Anemone's forehead as if she was sick.

"I'm fine Mom." Said Anemone, pushing her mother's hand away.

"Okay. You know if something or someone's bothering you, you can always tell me. At home, or at school, or anywhere. I feel like I haven't heard from you in a while." Said Coral.

The rest of the trip home was just Coral worrying about Anemone and ignoring Turtle whenever he had something to say. She didn't seem to notice when Anemone was actually being rude. Turtle was used to his mother hating him, ignoring him, not caring about him. He'd been by himself his whole life, so this was nothing new.

~~~

When his mother pulled up into their driveway, Turtle immediately jumped out of the car and went to the front porch. He rang the doorbell and his other sister Auklet answered.

"Turtle!" She cried and ran up to him.

"Hey Auklet!" Said Turtle lifting her into the air.

Turtle hugged his little sister. The only sister who liked him, and the only one he really liked. Other than Tsunami, but like he'd said, she was never around.

However, when Turtle set her back down, he noticed the normally bubbly and excited little girl didn't look as gleeful as usual. There was a small crease between her eyebrows, and she wasn't smiling a ton.

"Whats wrong?" Turtle asked as she fiddled with the ears of the stuffed bunny she was holding.

"I have to go to the doctor." Auklet said, before letting out a sniffle. "I have a check up and I'm scared."

Turtle knelt down so he was somewhat her height. He wiped the tears off her face before resting his hands on her tiny shoulders. "It's okay, you'll be fine. Doctors aren't bad. they're here to help you. You know, when I was your age, I was afraid of appointments too. But then I went, and the doctor was so friendly, and funny, and she really cares--" He tried to reassure his sister, but that was when his mother entered the house with Anemone. Coral still seemed to be trying to get Anemone to talk about school, but as soon as she saw Auklet crying, her jaw dropped jaw and she rushed over to her.

"Auklet! What did you do to her!?"

Turtle sighed and stood up as his worried mother scooped Auklet into her arms and began stroking the little girl's light hair.

"Baby, are you okay? What's going on?" She said quietly "Are you okay?!"

Auklet sniffed and closed her eyes, hugging her mother's neck.

"Way to go, Turtle." Said Anemone, with an eye roll.

"It wasn't Turtle's fault. I don't want to go to the doctor!" Auklet sobbed.

"I know, sweetheart but you have to. It's time for your check up. I promise it's nothing to worry about." Coral tried to comfort her. "Tell you what. If you go, I'll give you whatever you want after okay?"

"Okay." Said Auklet.

"Let's go. We're going to be late." Coral turned to Turtle. "Turtle, watch Anemone while I'm gone."

"Sure." Said Turtle unenthusiastically.

"Mom, I'm fourteen! I don't need a baby sitter" Anemone Complained.

"I'm sorry Anemone, but you don't need to be around him, you can do whatever you want." Said Coral kissing Anemone's forehead. "I have to go now. Call me if you need anything or if anything's wrong. Bye now."

"Bye Mom." Anemone answered looking disappointed.

Anemone watched as Coral pulled out of the driveway. As soon as coral's car disappeared from view, Anemone turned to Turtle.

"What?" Said Turtle.

"I want to go to my friends house and you have to drive me." Said Anemone.

"Fūck that. No I don't." Said Turtle walking over to the kitchen to get some food.

"YES YOU DO!" Anemone yelled. "OR I'M TELLING MOM YOU'VE BEEN NEGLECTING ME!"

Turtle laughed silently to himself. Does she hear herself?

"You do that. But quietly. Please. Over there." Turtle said, pointing to the living room, which was on the the other side of a door.

"If you don't want to come with me, I'm leaving without you. And you'll get in so much trouble when Mom finds out you left me to walk alone." Said Anemone, heading towards the door.

Turtle wasn't going to let her boss him around like that. He was older and his mother left him to watch her. Not the other way around.

"Byeeee." Said Anemone, opening the door and pretending to slip out.

"Bye." Said Turtle. He knew Anemone wouldn't actually leave. She would just get super mad, then storm up the stairs to her room and slam the door. That's what usually happened when she didn't get what she wanted.

"URGHHHH! MOM IS SO GONNA HEAR ABOUT THIS!" Anemone yelled, then stormed up to her room, and slammed the door.

Called it.

If u read my old Wof oneshots (the one I deleted) you've probably already read this chapter,  but I like it so I decided to put it in this.        

~Maya B.❣️