popular kids are evil

Heyy Barbies, I'm still alive😭I've been soo busy these last few months but things should be calming down soon, I'm so sorry about the delay!! I found this little chapter in my drafts and decided to publish it while waiting for me to actually start writing again.

i love you thanks for your patience🫶🏾

~~~

"Qibliii," Kinkajou sang as she skipped up to where he sat on a courtyard bench.

He looked up at her suspiciously. "Uh oh. What have you done?"

"Ugh, nothing this time, have some faith!"

Qibli chuckled. "Alright, what is it then?"

"Soo you know how there's that one party this weekend that we were all planning on going to, but all of you bailed on me?"

"Not what happened, but go on?"

"So since Turtle's gonna be visiting his distant family in Europe and you're doing that thing with your mom, and Moon's studying for a test—ew—I've come to a decision." She paused for dramatic affect. "The whole cheer team's going, as you know and I'll just stay with Cece!"

Qibli made a face. "You're not going to a frat party alone."

"I said Cece's coming with me! It's a cheer thing! You can't make me not go!"

"I can't make you do anything. Just gently suggest you don't make stupid choices. You know Celia. She's gonna get drunk and leave you ten minutes in."

Kinkajou sighed dramatically. "What do I do then?"

"Don't go?"

"Something that's actually possible please."

Qibli shrugged. "Bring Winter."

"Winter would never do that. He hates parties."

"So bring Summer and Winter'll tag along."

"That wouldn't—" She paused. "That's kinda smart actually. Thank you!" She left, loudly asking everyone if they'd seen Summer.

QIbli sighed. "Use your phone, Kinkajou."

"Thank you!"

Qibli chuckled to himself and continued scrolling through his phone, checking basketball stats.

Loud footsteps, followed by an aggressive, "Hello," took his attention from his phone.

He looked up to see someone he didn't recognize dressed like an office secretary. There was someone behind her with a notebook and pen.

He raised a brow.

"I'm Sarah Wheeler, and I'm here on behalf of the student body inclusivity journal. We're mostly focused on shining light on the under appreciated clubs and student events like the chess club, the robotics team, you know what I'm talking about. While most people are obsessing over and documenting the basketball team—"she shot him a pointed look— "we focus on the success of our other students."

Qibli really wondered what any of that had to do with him.

"We were wondering if you would want to do a quick interview with us for an article highlighting the different experiences that students face in the halls and classrooms depending on where they stand socially."

"Not really, no."

"Why not?"

"I don't want to."

"Well I wouldn't expect someone like you to understand anyway."